Thyroid Nodule or Globus Sensation?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Waking up with "globus sensation" about once a week that lasts all day.

Feels like a pill or something is stuck in the base of my throat. It is so uncomfortable I have tried to make myself vomit hoping it would release something.

The feeling typically lasts an entire day and completely causes me to lose focus due to the discomfort

I have slight, upper chest pain when I eat or drink

This feeling is accompanied by burping

I assumed it could be gas in the chest? But not everything is lining up.

I have no anxiety that I can imagine is causing this.

I do have a 2ish cm thyroid nodule in a similar location to where I feel this "globus" sensation. Could the thyroid nodule be all of a sudden causing this sensation? I have known about the nodule for years, and just in the last few months have been experiencing this feeling.

I have also been having trouble swallowing pills lately - even on the days when I am not experiencing this issue. This has never been an issue for me before.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.