Thyroid Nodules

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey everyone, my name is Chelsea. A couple years ago I went to my Primary doctor for a sinus infection when she noticed my thyroid was majorly enlarged. Blood work came back fine, RAI test was in normal range, but the ultrasound found a module or mass they weren't sure if it was a possible cyst or not. I got sent to an ENT who said he wasn't worried, went in 3 months later for a check up and the same ENT had me do another ultrasound and said it had grown in the 3 months but he still wasn't worried. I've been having a ton of neck pain lately, up to my ears, swallowing can be awkward at random times. Needing to make another appointment but I guess honestly I'm a little terrified. Mostly I feel like I should have at least been given a biopsy but I just got brushed off. Thyroid is still enlarged and the neck pain has been getting worse. Hoping it's nothing but.. i don't know. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Chelsea, they take so long. I've been waiting two years and was put on the urgent list on 1st August. My op is on friday but am worried as in the last month they have put me on vit d and i have got much weaker. Have been almost housebound but now struggling in the home. My op is on Friday will let you know how it goes. I think you just have to keep going back until it's sorted. Let me know how it goes love anne x

• Posted

Hi

i had a huge lump on my neck, it was an enlarged goitre, and I had trouble swallowing, the A&e sent me home, and it was a locum GP who recognised the problem...while on treatment, the limp swelled and pushed my parathyroid up and out so italicised as if I had cancer, they said I had inflamed lumps. The urgent list for surgery took 3 months, and it turned out my hyperthyroid and goitre was the main deal.

its all gone and I feel much better, except im now hypo, and feel yuk.in a different way!

the swelling in the throat is scary , and can get dangerous, keep going back, keep pushing, they don't respond to polite excuse me, and neither does the swelling.

hooe you get the help you need soon x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.