Thyroid or heart problem?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Last few days I've been experiencing a wide variety of symptoms. A few that mimic anxiety/heart trouble. Like high anxiety levels,palpitations, breathlessness.. chest arm shoulder pain that usually goes if I move although it really scares me as it's left side but I know it could be a trapped nerve but I can't help worrying. I've had spells of nausea especially after eating large meals or at night when I'm alone. I had a very strange slight vibration in my chest that lasted only a few minutes but I believe this symptom was half way through a panic attack so could be anxiety. On to the possible thyroid symptoms. I've been having a usual heart rhythm. One minute it's in the 60s next it's 70s then it's back to 60s then it will be in the 80s and then it will go back down. I've seen it in the 90s 3 times in a few days and over 110 twice,when i have palpitations it usually only lasts a minute or so if that. I've been having night sweating mainly from my back. I used to suffer with night sweats but I haven't in a year or so, so it could be climate change. I've had one night it took a good hour to fall asleep but once I'm asleep I'm asleep for a while, I've been feeling tired alot through the day although I can't go sleep until I've been awake at least 14hours. My face keeps getting kinda hot. Not severely hot to take paracetamol but hot enough to turn my fan on,I've had a few spells of itchy skin where it will turn red from scratching and sometimes a few spots in the redness almost like bug bites. I'm a 20 year old male,I used to sleep with my ex twice a day sometimes more and since then I've been masturbating once or twice a day but last few days i haven't had the sudden urge to masturbate like I normally would. I've had diarrhoea a few times the last few days and been peeing alot sometimes almost no colour to the urine because of how often I've been drinking. So do you guys think it's a overactive thyroid mixed with anxiety and maybe some other illness or do you think it's a heart condition with anxiety and something else mixed? Also I have recently had a runny nose,a slight headache once and a swollen uvula that caused pain while swallowing and a spot that was just inside my nostril that caused pain on the left of my nose but once popped the pain subsided quickly within a day. But I've seen that a illness can cause a swollen uvula and can cause a overactive thyroid so do you guys think this caused it or do you think it's actually a heart condition?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Josh, Have you been seeing your doctor since all this happened? Any tests done? Sorry, we are not doctors and can't diagnose by your random, suspected symptoms.

• Posted

Hi I know most people can't give a diagnostic on my symptoms but was wondering if people have had anything similar to shed light on what I've been experienced, I had the paramedic out to a suspected heart attack but it was apparently a severe anxiety attack, paramedic was on call with a doctor at the time and she said there wasn't any abnormality in my heart from the ecg and this was 5 months ago and this is all new so was wondering if my symptoms decribe thyroid problem or not considering it's a sudden thing that's started happening

• Posted

Mikes reply was awful rude,, while I would def go to the doctor if you haven't (just to make sure there isn't anything seriously wrong) these are all symptoms I experience on the daily for years with no explanation. Definitly get an iron test done to see if you are anaemic or low ferritin, they do sound like low iron symptoms. Anxiety also plays a big role in our health even when we don't realize it. Keeping you in my prayers.

• Posted

Thankyou for your reply. I will bring this upto my doctor, so when you say you have these symptoms with no explanation you mean you've been living with it with out answer and or treatment? Dam that must suck, have you told your doctor about the randomly raises and drops in heart rate? Have you had ecg holter ect? Thanks for you concerns and hope we both find peace and health in the future

• Posted

Thank you for your response to my post. This is exactly the kind of stress should be dismissed when the fact is ignored for seeking kindness.
  • Posted

Hey Josh , all those are symptoms of a hyperactive thyroid, thyroid diseases mimic other health issues but I have been going Through nearly a the same thing but you have pretty much each and every symptom, I have recently gotten the shoulder thing too and it’s horrible. I have been getting tested for over a year for my thyroid but never got the results until the other week which was also a different doctor. I realised on the blood test sheet it was asking to test 4 things from the thyroid, but every other blood test from my original dr was only asking for to check 1 thing from the thyroid and another was to check my liver , so I think by my new dr also asking for test of “ T3 “ ,  “T4” and  “TSH “ that’s what got me my results. The redness and itching of the skin could be Graves’ disease which is the most common cause of thyroid disease both very treatable. I definitely think you have an overactive thyroid. A blood test should give you the results, hopefully you get them straight away though 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.