THYROID PACKING UP....

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I can only see posts from a year ago.Is anyone still on this site?

I was diagnosed yesterday. I have to go on Thyroxine, have not started yet. I was told my antibodies were very high. I do not have any written results yet, can anyone explain this illness to me? Thanks....

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

there is a lot of explantion on the internet about it. i have actually started to go naturally as the throxine doesn't make your metabolism work again, it just replace what it should be doing. so get sorted with your results etc from the the doc and then if it's your choice, you could go to a nautropath.
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply. I will look it up....What natural products are you using?
    • Posted

i have only been to a nautropath on Thursday and shes getting everything ready for me and i pick it up this week sometime. i will get back to you when i have the names of everything in front of me. but you may be different so may no need the same products as me.
  • Posted

Hello,

I recommend searching the internet. Lots of good info for self-education. Also, please realize that you do not HAVE to go on medication. There are natural ways to heal, also, or a combination of the two, depending on your specific condition.

Also, for myself, my thyroid condition turned out to be secondary. My primary issue is adrenal fatigue - the source of my "illness." 

Do lots of your own education and take all of the info you receive into account prior to deciding what feels right for you as you enter your healing journey.

Best of luck!

Veronica

• Posted

Thanks for replying. I will look it up, although my computer isn't always working. I am under the Fatique clinic and they did blood tests that threw this up!....Most of the symptoms of side effects from pills (Thyroxine etc..) discussed on here, I already have, and I have not started taking any pills yet. I have to wait for the hospital to inform my Dr.

What Natural products have you tried?......

• Posted

Hello!

A category of supplements called "adaptogens" may be very helpful for you. They basically "customize" to your hormonal issues! The one I take is ashwagandha. I buy it online. It's organic. It will help balance your thyroid and adrenals...whether you are overactive or underactive. And a bottle is not that expensive.

Also, you may want to take a complex made specifically to help strengthen the adrenals.

I also take an enzyme tablet before I eat meals, as whatever your condition (too much or too little thyroid hormone, or if your issue is with the adrenals), your digestive system may be sluggish and the enzymes will help digest your food and keep things moving (I had a big problem with constipation and bloating). 

Support your immune system with echinacea. 

Herbal teas are good - detox teas, ginger teas, echinacea teas. Green tea has good antioxidants but also has caffeine. You want to minimize or do away with caffeine altogether. 

Eat healthy...maybe you are already. No soda pop, and gluten-free as much as you can. Wheat is generally not a good thing for us anymore, as the amount of gluten in wheat has increased significantly over the past several years. It causes inflammation and several negative symptoms for a lot of people.

Minimize intake of fruit, and no fruit juices. Way too much sugar. So anything with flour or sugar is not good for you. I don't eat perfectly, but I try very hard and it DOES make a difference!

Also, get a good deep sleep at night (I have such a problem with this!) and manage the stress in your life.

If anything else comes to mind, I'll let you know!

Best of luck...I think the best thing is to really understand what your condition is and then you can go from there. But if anything, try the ashwagandha. But don't mix it with medication. You may need to decide if you're going to take the medication route or the herbal/supplement route.

Veronica

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.