thyroid problems

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi ladies just found out i have a noddule on my thyroid and will have to have half of it removed ,the doc said a lot of my symptoms i have been thinking was peri could have been my thyroid im scared stiff having this surgery what if it makes me worse i cant take anymore problems ,please has anyone any ideas

0 likes, 18 replies

Report / Delete

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Karen

How did they find out about this nodule?

From what I've heard , anyone I know of who's had work on their thyroid has been much much better after the op. smile x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

my mom had her thyroid removed when she was in her late 20's to early 30's (can't remember the exact year, just know I was a small child).  She has had to take synthetic thyroid her whole life (and has to get the levels checked regularly) but she's a ripe old 67 year old woman now and had no other real health problems, so hopefully getting it removed and getting on thyroid replacement will help get rid of your other symptoms and you'll feel much better!
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

What symptoms are you having? Do as much research as you can, but, ultimately, if it's causing you to be sick, I would take it out, as long as it sounds like it's a fairly routine surgery. I know no surgery is 100%, but if the benefits outweigh the risks, I, myself, would do it. 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi karen what was your symotoms hun x
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi bev how are you well i hope , i was having a bad time with heat and cold and i was wired up all the time hyper i am having all the bad peri symptoms but felt hyper all the time and talk i could talk the back end off a donky my doc was great  i would tell anyone with all this going on to get thyroid checked because many symptoms mimic thyroid as well x
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up