Thyroid problems and LS?

Posted , 10 users are following.

I've got an appointment with a dermatologist coming up, but not until June.  However, I've been reading that LS is often linked to thyroid problems.  I have problem with temperature - frequent flushing and then feeling very cold, even when others are warm.  I also suffer from fatigue.  How common is thyroid problems with LS?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Cheetah,

how Are you doing?

you can ask for a check.  I felt the same and had it done in a way I wanted it to be thyroid as I feel like you but it wasn't it came back in the markers ok, sometimes in a way it would be easier to diagnose if it came back wrong this menopause stuff is hard.

• Posted

Well both thyroid and ls are thought to be related to auto immune problems.   If you have one auto immune problem you are likely to get up to about 7 more apparantly.
  • Posted

Hi I have an under active thyroid as well as LS, my consultant said the same x
  • Posted

hi,i`ve also got under active thyroid and LS,apparently its quite common for the 2 to go hand in hand,also my temperature is quite erratic,i was told that as i have under active thyroid and arthriis that LS is usually the 3rd auto immune desease to get,so sorry you`ve not got much to look forward to! lol

seriously i hope you get the right treatment for you and soon x

• Posted

Thank you all very much.  I will definitely mention it when I see the consultant.  I don't have any other auto-immune diseases - arthritis, but osteoarthritis - but I do have fibromyalgia and rosacea.  Thanks again for your replies.

• Posted

Yes Cheetah, as others have already said. Autoimmune conditions such as underachieve thyroid

Often go hand in hand with LS. I was on Levothyroxine long before I was diagnosed with LS and

Have a skin condition called Morphia which is also an autoimmune condition.

Fortunately these conditions are usually manageable and you shouldn't worry too much about them.

LS is the one you want to consents on. Good luck with it all.

• Posted

I don't have thyroid problems, my LS started when I started going thru menopause. I don't have any other auto immune issues.

• Posted

I have Ls and my thyroid is fine, Research say LS is linked to autoimmune system.

It does sound like you are having problems with your thyroyid, however, I don't think the LS is because of your thyroid.

• Posted

I have both too. Both under control at the moment. Good luck. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.