Thyroid promblems and moods

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

ive been suffering from feelings of being overwhelmed and anxiety recently so much so that i have been crying, having chest pains, not wanting to leave my house, so i take 200mcg daily of levothyroxine and had a blood test yesterday which showeed my

TSH 94.86

T4 3.4

what do these results mean and would they effect my mood.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

You have full blown hypothyroidism.How long have you been taking levothyroxine? What was your TSH and T4 level when you were first diagnosed? Your levothyroxine dose is very high, so it's very confusing on why your levels are so high. Have you been taking your medication daily? Without food? Your high levels will and can, cause high anxiety levels. If my TSH goes above 5, I start to get horrible anxiety, so I feel so bad for you right now.

• Posted

yes daily each morning but ive had alot of extra stress and distress happen recently that i think triggeed some sort of stress impact but im not sure that can happen, i have been very settles for 5 years with no wavier in medication that whole time then 4 months ago i started feeling almost manic is a very stressful situation which ive managed up until its come to this peak almost where i i requested my annual blood test brought forward because of this manic feeling....... i feel awful

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.