Thyroid results, waiting for GP to phone

Posted , 4 users are following.

hello,

I have an underactive thyroid along with Sjogren's, ME and Fibromyalgia. I'm struggling with symptoms that can overlap within my illnesses. I had my TSH 0.01, Free T3 4.7 and Free T4 15.0 results last week and they were marked as normal by my GP. I don't feel well at all so I phoned today to ask if a GP was free to go over these results with me as I don't think they are normal but then maybe I'm wrong. I do take 100mcg of Levothyroxine daily.

Thank you for any advice x

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have the same issues with autoimmune diseases and hypothyroidism and found it was almost impossible to separate the symptoms between two. In order to handle the thyroid issue separately my endo and I set the desired lab range to between 1.0 and 2.0 mU/L (SI), allowing it to occasionally vary from 0.5 to 2.5 mU/L. This supposedly puts the TSH within the range of an average normal person and has apparently worked quite well at setting the thyroid issues aside from the autoimmune issues.

This is tricky in that almost all labs in my area list the TSH reference range as 0.5 to 4.5 but the lab values may vary almost 2.0 points between labs. TSH also varies during the day. So, I consistently use the same lab with a good reputation and always take the blood draw at the same time of day to get the best results.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.