thyroid symptoms

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi i have various symptoms which correspond with hypothyroidism bt my gp )says all my blood tests are normal so i am not hypothyroid so why can i not lose weight despite a strict diet and exercise regime , always feel tired, brittle/falling out hair, brittle nails, painful knees hips and elbow, amongst others

results are

serum vit b12 - 210 ng (211-911)

serum folate 10.1 ng/ml (3.4-15.8)

serum free t4 12.8 pmol/L (10-18.7)

serum tsh 3.53miu/L (0.38-5.5)

ferritin 43ng/mL (22.0-322.0)

anti nuclear pattern - nucleolar ANA present

anti nuclear factor xaCD2s positive

what do i do and say now  any help would be gratefully received

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Ask him / her to back up anything they say with CHECKABLE references.
  • Posted

did you have any luck with this - i am like you - tick every box for under active thyroid - level came in at 0.9 (0.4 being under). 
    • Posted

Still not got anywhere  did have another blood test done a few weeks ago and my tsh is now 4.03 and free t3 4.53 but gp Stoll ignoring my symptoms and says my blood results are "normal".  I saw another doctor in Friday cos symptom same and rash has returned he's 're testing my b12 and also testing me for celiac disease now 

• Posted

My tsh was 0.9 and still not low enough!  A scan showed nodules in both lobes of my thyroid but have to wait until October for a hospital appointment!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.