Thyroid weight

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I'm New to the forum .

Does anyone else struggle with there weight .

I never put weight on until I had this thyroid problem,I have it around my stomach area, wish I could get rid of it, feels very uncomfortable at times ,I look pregnant!! , and no there's no chance I

PLEASE HELP!!!!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I am thinking of starting a new troupe of The Rolly Polly's like me you should be eligible lol

• Posted

Apparently with Hypthyroidism a doughy stomach goes with it! Don't know the answer I am afraid. 

• Posted

That should be Hypothyroidism!

• Posted

Hi,

I am exactly the same, have been underweight all my life until I started with Hypothyroidisms seven years ago, I have put on two stone and my stomach is awful.  I was always full of life and now all I feel is exhausted and everything is an effort.  I eat healthily, am on iron for low ferritin storage levels, take all the vitamins to try and make sure I am optimally medicated but nothing seems to work.  Really don't know what the answer is.  I have never been given any of my levels either from the doctor so not sure what they are, all I ever get is you are within range, and from what I have read that is rubbish.  For all I know I might not be converting my t4 to t3 but unless I go private and obtain blood results that way I cant seem to find out.

I hope you get some help, if so let us all know.

• Posted

Hi Fiona, yoirthyroid problem may be related to heavy metal toxicity. Mercury in particular is known to cause high rT3. Unlesss they test for rT3, you would never know that this is the cause of the thyroid problem. Herbal cleansing can help.

Also for the bloat and stomach issues, I've found essential amino acid supplements to help reduce inflammation.

For the general bloat, I also take herbs to support and cleanse the kidney and liver.

• Posted

Hello CG, you certainly aren't alone in your experience with belly bloat. Thyroid disease is autoimmune disease. Many thyroid patients have gut problems, as the gut is a major part of the immune system, as it is a giant mucous membrane.

For the bloat, you could start with a gluten free, paleo style diet- high protein, lots of natural green vegetables, no wheat, eye, barely, sugar, and no processed food. Avoid all grains and limit or eliminate dairy. Boiled eggs make great enclave for this sort of diet.

As for the weight gain with thyroid disease, its tough to lose. My experience has been that I have to eat between 800 and 1100 calories a day to lose weight. A cheat day might have as miuch as 1300 calories in a day.

• Posted

This is a common syndrome in hypothyroid patients like us.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.