Thyroidectomy for Graves?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone gotten a thyroidectomy for Graves? The doctors seem to only talk about methimazole and RAI. I've been on mthimazole for 7 months, my numbers were steady for a few months then I went back to being hyper again! I'm very symptomatic and don't want to live like this for another year waiting for my thyroid to calm down and get RAI which will leave me on a roller coaster for another 4 months. Any advice?

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sue 1247 I think you must be looking in the wrong places for support for LDN, there's an excellent closed facebook group for thyroid LDN, excellent information and it has convinced me there could be nothing worse than what's going on now with thyroid issues and medication being offered by Endo's.  For many it's not just a case of taking LDN and problems solved, there can be a bit of time/balancing etc to arrive at correct dosage for YOU, it's very individual and as far as I'm concerned worth trying.  Check out the FB pages for the support and encouragement you need to try LDN.
  • Posted

Tammy

Was your cardiac problem a contra indication to RAI?

I have Long QT syndrome and the endo wants a cardiology opinion first as he proposes to give me RAI.

I am on warfarin due toa history of blood cots.

I also have epilepsy.

e

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.