Thyroidectomy H&$$

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, so just bear with me this is my first time posting on something like this. I will give my background and describe my current life. Was diagnosed with Hashimotos at age 17 felt with it accordingly till February. Had HUGE goiter on rthe got side and multiple small nodules through out on both sides. Difficulty swallowing breathing and eating due to pressure on my esophagus. Had surgery to remove thyroid February 22 2018 and it has been the worst decision of my entire life! I have hypocalcimic since 2-25-18 and take 5 calcitoral pills 3xper day along with magnesium synthroid and protonix. I lost 1 parathyroid during surgery it was embedded in the thyroid gland. I have no energy am angry and have a short fuse all the time. Anxiety is at 1000 all the time. My levels are either too high or too low. Currently I am to high. I can not function in a high stress situation. Get easily distracted. Can’t remember anything. Am all together in hell on a daily basis. Neck is in constant pain swelled and spasms like there is an alien trying to escape out of my skin. Newest symptom that stated about 5 days ago( maybe sooner but is has been 100 degrees for weeks where I live) it seepage and leaking from my incision site. Enough that I notice damp on my shirt but I can’t see droplets only glistening sticky skin. I went back to my surgeon he said it is an infection,I call bull on that! Here is a little more background I also suffer from severe rheumatoid arthritis and take a biologic wich surpresses my immune system. Infection=bad hospital stay. I don’t  have infection. So back to my neck has anyone experienced something like this? I’m currently trying to get to u of m hospital but don’t know how much more I can take of this neck issue. I feel like my ent messed up bad and won’t admit to it. Everything points to a chyle leak except weight loss and severe swelling. Please help I don’t know what else to do. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hey Jennifer hoping your feeling much better.. I’m wondering if you’d be able to share your symptoms with me prior to being diagnosed? 
    • Posted

I am feeling about the same. My symptoms before were typical Hashimoto symptoms  but also had multiple nodules and a very large goiter on the right side. Goiter was so large it was beginning to hinder my swallowing and eating because I would choke. Currently doctors think that all the problems with pain and swelling are my muscle locked up and very large. Like bony builders they said. 
    • Posted

Thank you for sharing! I hope you start to feel better very soon.. good luck to you.. is there anything that helps? Or make it feel worse? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.