Thyroiditis

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am suffering with pain in my throat, in the right side above my collarbone, little burning in my throat, feel like swallowing a rock, painful to swallow, felt like something is pressing against my windpipe, tender to touch. I went to ENT to check it out. He said I have Thyroiditis and he told me to go to Endocrinologist. I went to see Endocrinologist. She said I should take an ultrasound. Then I took an ultrasound. It shows that I have small multi nodules (goiter), one on left and other on right side of my neck. She doesn't know why I'm having pain on my right side above my collarbone. She thinks nodule should not be painful. She said I should take biopsy and go see Gastro doctor. I went to Gasto doctor. I will take an Endoscopy test next week. I'm tired of bouncing doctors to doctors and not getting an answer why I have pain in my right side. I'm scared that I don't know what's really wrong and why I'm having pain on the right side. I'm also scared because I never had a biopsy before. I'm very upset and depressed of all this and don't know what to do.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I know you are scared and tired of procedures you know nothing about. I can tell you the worst thing about a biopsy is the deadened they use stings terribly but after that if they are scanning while biopsy is done ask if you can watch it is fascinating and you don't feel a thing. I got really involved with what was being done to me and it helped to take away my fears. I was a person that had never been sick in my life and came up against something I couldn't handle alone. I had a parathyroid adenoma the size of a golf ball and horrible symptoms. 6 months post and doing well. So will you after all this is over so keep reaching out for help from us who have been there it really does help a lot

Julie 99798

• Posted

It is frightening when you don't know what is wrong.  I think it is rare to have pain like you describe on the right hand side with thyroid conditions, so you possibly have 2 different things.  Are you having blood tests to check your thyroid levels?  

I have had Graves disease which is hyperthyroid and ended up needing my thyroid out, but for me it was a blessing because seeing the endocrinologist meant that I was also diagnosed with a parathyroid growth that also had to come out.  

I think perhaps you may have a cyst or something that is causing your pain, so a biopsy will rule out any nasties and could even mean if it is a cyst it gets drained and then no pain.  

Try not to worry too much.  Easier said than done I know, but at least you are getting checked out.

I believe the biopsy will be uncomfortable but not really painful.  Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.