TIA

Posted , 7 users are following.

I believe I had a TIA yesterday afternoon. At first all doctor said this too, I then Mentioned in my 31 years of life I'd had 1migriane and after I said this they wouldn't let go of this and continues to then diagnosis me with a migraine which I was very unhappy about and feel is not right!!! Just talked about me as a statistic and I'm worried if it was a TIA was a warning sign of what's to possible happen next... a real stroke!

Has anyone else ever been told that they had a migraine?

I lost the ability to talk, my face dropped (witnesses all by work colleague) my BP was extremely high when examined over the course of and hour, my arms was heavy and unable to move and I numbing all down the left side of my face! The attack lasted approx 2-3minutes and numbing and heavy arm for several hours! Had anyone experience a migraine of this nature for a few minutes?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I always worry, when I see that people who are dealing with, frequently major, health concerns and they get responses that say things like "It definitely is/isn't this or that..." or "you must demand test x/y or z...". Nobody should be attempting to diagnose anyone else online and nobody should be suggesting that their own experiences are of greater help than those of medical professionals. We all know that everyone is fallible, including medical professionals, but I really don't think that encouraging people's fears is at all fair.

• Posted

My reply to Hayley was NOT a diagnosis of her condition, just a summary of MY experience , which i understood was what a forum was all about , a discussion on experiences, and i wouldnt for one minute encourage fear in anyone , its all about Knowledge of experience .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.