TIA

Posted , 3 users are following.

A year ago I had surgery for a large aneurysm behind my eye they tried to stent and coil it but was unsuccessful. After the procedure is had a mini stroke and recovered very fast. After another operation I had a balloon occlusion and coil embolisation and now aneurysm is OK. That was 10month ago. Last week I was on holiday in Spain and I got a really bad head then my mouth drooped on my left side but no speech or arm symptoms do you think this could be a little tia don't want to bother doctor

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Personally, I would mention it ot my GP. TIA take all forms, not everyone experiences the classic symptoms.
  • Posted

Do bother the doctor, that's what they're there for and you don't want to take any risks. They may adjust your medication or do a scan but better to be checked over and explain what you just put on this forum than have a stroke that is life changing! Good luck

• Posted

Thankyou I will I no I'm being silly not going

• Posted

I've had subarachnoid haemorrhage, from an aneurysm just above my cerebellum, if I'd had the symptoms you're describing, I'd go, immediately, to A&E (ER, if you're in North America). The potential risks are just too great, to chance.

I hope that it turns out to be something trivial, either way, take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.