Tia's in 20's

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi ! I am a 29 year old female ...and I had an episode at work a couple month's ago ..i felt a little nausea and then my right eye blurred and my hand tingled and then my heart rat was 120 and my words were gone for about 30 second this is o er about a thirty min period....and I have every test done all normal....has anyone else experienced this?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Have had the tingly hand and my eye pupil dilated and sluggish to light in one eye, but had a slight loss of power in right arm and leg too. My blood pressure was up but heartbeat ok. I had every test too which showed nothing but hardening of arteries. Doctors concluded it was a TIA due to arteries hardening but they are not 100% sure. You seem very young to have a TIA but best take doctor or consultant advice.
    • Posted

I'm going to the hematoligist on monday to rule out any other blood issues ....i do have a developmental venous anomaly which I have had all my life but just find via ct w contrast ...i had a whole bunch of caffine that morning a large coffee with two shots of espresso and a five hour energy in a two hour period I'm thinking that may habe played a role ...if you don't mind my asking how did they know about the hardening of your arteries? Thank you for your response 😊

• Posted

Hi Amanda. Hope all goes well with Hematoligist. Regarding hardening of arteries I had a ultra sound scan of the cardoid arteries on my neck. They found one was a bit furred up although not enough to warrant an operation, the other one was clear. Interestingly, my numbness was on the right side and they fully expected furred up cartoid on left side but the furred up one was right side also which probably rules that out as being a factor in the TIA. It works on opposite sides apparently. Then I had an MRI scan and they could see the small arteries in the brain were a bit furred up also. They said this is a normal thing that can happen with arteries as you get older. i am 63. Strong coffee is def in my case a factor so I have cut it back by 95%. Love coffee so sometimes just have two sips then chuck the rest away. 
    • Posted

Thank you cliff! I had a cta with and without contrast ...im hoping mine was a one time reaction to too much caffine at one time 😊the body is a weird thing ..but it will warn you if need be...hope your doing well😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.