TIA time bomb!

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi. Exactly 4 weeks ago I had a TIA and went through the whole A&E experience and then the Stroke Unit for 48 hours. I came home with a bag of medication.......................... Clopidogrel, Amlodipine, Paroxetine, Aspirin & Atorvastatin. I have tried really hard to reduce my risk of another Tia or full blown stroke by not having any salt or saturated fats, having a much healthier diet, no alcohol, gently exercise and my blood pressure is now down to 120ish over 70ish! I know I should be pleased and able to get on with my life but I feel like a time bomb waiting to go off! I am extremely "bodily aware" and notice every twinge, ache and pain. It is making me nervous and scared that it will happen again. I'm probably being really stupid winding myself up like this. Am I normal to feel like this and how can I stop it? Advice/support would be appreciated please! Cheers.

2 likes, 47 replies

47 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Aneta...i had my TIA a week ago...was in hospital 4 days and like you have come home with a bag full of medication...i to am trying hard with diet etc and my bp is excellent to..but again like you i feel very anxious and bodily aware of every pain wondering when and if it is going to happen again...its very scary isnt it..also i dont know how much exercise daily chores etc i can do as the medication makes me very tired and weak or is that the TIA...i have to wait 6 weeks to see a doctor waiting for insurance to come through...they told me i had a carotid artery and need surgery then they said no i dont and sent me home...so im very anxious ..i think this must be normal after a TIA i dont know ...and like you advice and support would be appreciated...i hope we can discuss our feelings and try to make each other feel better...at least we know now that we are not alone ...ive got very crabby to with people a bit snappy...wonder if that is normal lol ..anyway hope your feeling better today ...hope to hear from you tc xxxx
    • Posted

hi there. i had a right side bleed stroke 8 weeks ago.  I am struggling nowonderful to feel less lonely with the stroke I am interested  how other people are coping.  I cannot use my left arm and hand and my speech is bad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.