Tibolone

Posted , 5 users are following.

What is the average dose of TiVo lone people have been put on when first starting HRT and what side effects have you had .. I have done research and it seems to be a good choice 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

i stopped my 2.5 dose and I am so glad I did numerous side effects, aching joints, headaches, weight gain, fluid, and now two fibroids growing away that were not there prior to this hideous hrt.  I am so glad I am not taking it anymore
  • Posted

Hi Fiona

2.5mg is the dose. I started it 6 months ago and have to say for me its the best HRT .

Everyone is different but its the best I have felt in the long run.

The first week I took it I felt really weird but I guess that was the withdrawal of the Femoston and change over to Tib.

After that my mood plateaued to one level no swings, I felt more happy, my night sweats stopped . The vaginal dryness has completely gone all back to normal which in turn has improved my libido.

For me personally it is the best HRT, I couldnt get on with the hormone based ones.

Good luck.

• Posted

This is what I am hoping for.. did a bit of research and this one by far sounds the best .. will keep the forum updated and thanks for the feedback 
  • Posted

Hi Fiona

iv been on tiberlone 2,5mg for 15 years due to a hysterectomy in my early 40s

iv been absolutely fine on it, my skins and hairs great for a 57 year old lol.

and I have no plans of coming off it yet, my gp is quite happy with me taking it, 

My libido is still on track, put on a little weight but Iv put that down to my age and Iv never been skinny 14/16 but other than that no other side effects.

but one HRT suits one may not suit another. 

Good luck with what ever you choose to do x

• Posted

I am 56 and also had a total hysterectomy just over a year ago. Have been on other HRT and did research and this one keeps coming up trumps. I live in Australia and this one is not on our PBS so pay full price but if it works it will be well worth it .. I can not stand the hot flushes .. started today so will keep this forum posted 
    • Posted

It is worth it, 

once you get settled on it, try taking one every other day.

everyone is different, but it seems to work for me. 

But if I forget to take one on the second day I do get hot flushes.

we shouldn’t have to pay for HRT because it’s no fault of our own.

my Gp is good tho she gives me 3 months supply on one percription 

• Posted

Hi Julie

How did you get on taking the tablet every other day? I missed one yesterday and no break through sweats so im considering every other day. I have been on it 7 months now and past couple of months the night sweats have returned but after missing one tablet i found i had no sweats. I wondering if it was too much every day.

Be grateful for your info

Thanks

• Posted

Good morning Jane.

im fine with taking one every other day.

iv done that for a least 5 years. 

I occasionally get a day flush if I forget to take it on the 3rd day.

i think it’s allowed me to stay on it longer. 

Been on the same one too.

Give it ago you can always go back to one a day 

good luck 

• Posted

I'm 58 and have never taken Hrt but have finally had enough . I've been doing lots of research on it too and where I live, I am able to buy Livial without a prescription. I am starting off by halving the tablet for 6 weeks or so and see how it goes then gradually increase to the whole tablet.

• Posted

I am hearing you .. you are so lucky to get it without a script. In Australia it isn’t even on our pbs so I have to pay full price. What were your thoughts on it when you did your research and why did you decide it was worth giving it a go?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.