Tibolone and perimenopause

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi New to this forum in regards to perimenopause. I am interested in knowing if any one has taken tibolone and helped them with mood lift especially anxiety. I am 45 years old and suffer from perimenopause symptoms in regards to nausea, not hungry at all and anxiety / low mood. I have taken AD for nearly 2 years but it did not help me at all. So I was wondering if tibolone helps and how long it takes for it to start helping if it does.

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Shirley just a quick question are you taking one tablet of tibolone that is 2.5 mg and are you menopausal or peri or post. I am thinking of taking one rather than half a tablet to see any results
    • Posted

I'm taking 1 tablet at 9 pm I'm menopausal at the moment hope I won't be long before I'm post menopausal I'm still having hot flushes but not as bad I had thrush for the 1st time over Christmas as well and that's all hormonal related x

• Posted

HI Shirley and Caro. I hope tibolone is doing its wonder for you both. I really had a bad time with periods since yesterday and hitting the rock bottom along with anxiety, nausea and fearful situation setting in as well. I changed my routine to half a tablet in afternoon to maybe help with better sleep. Also I want to change to full tablet but think I should wait for visiting a gynae next week. Yes Caro I do suffer from morning anxiety and nausea wonder where that comes from. Shirley I also had some kind of thrush but now with periods I can't say much. keep informed as it helps a lot to keep going on

• Posted

Sorry to here Pam about your periods running a mock Tibolone will stop the bleeding but if it carrys on then you will have to mention it to your doctor x let's hope it's a happy new year to us all x I'm having hot sweats in beD but could be down to chocolate and alcohol that I've had over these last few days so I will see how I am in another week or so x

• Posted

Hi Shirley how are you going with hot sweats. I am really having a bad time this week with nausea kicking in bad along with anxiety since 3 days. I am really pushing my self up the hill to see the dr next week and wanting to increase my dose to 2.5 mg instead of half a tablet and see how I go with it in regards to mood lifting.
    • Posted

Hi pam34236

To be fair I have been sleeping better these last few days but been having joint pain in my knees and pressure in my chest I'm going to get this week over with and will make an appointment with my local doctors and see what is said I will keep you informed x hope you feel better soon x

• Posted

amazing you say about chest pressure as i have experienced chest tightness too but trying to ignore it. i will raise with gynea next week. thanks for your response
    • Posted

My chest pressure has disappeared now but I was a bit concerned at the time I couldn't lay on my side as it felt like in was being crushed in my chest is have also put on some weight I know we have had Christmas and eaten alot of lovely things but I think taking the tibolone as contributed but as from Monday the big diet starts again lol x

• Posted

yes diet is a big issue. I am the opposite due to nausea getting worse this week I cannot eat much any how. I found myself still spotting cramps in legs and gastro issues this week. Don't know if tibilone is the reason for it. thanks for your reply again.

• Posted

Funny cause I had a few spots of blood very tiny after 6 months on tibolone not sure if that was the time of the month when I had periods but had back ache neck ache knee pain and just felt crap but after a day or so was back to being not to bad or should I say better than I was x but I'm still going to discuss these issues with the gynaecologyist

• Posted

Hi Pam and Shirley, I have been away with no internet so am just catching up now. I now take my pill around 3 pm each day but am really struggeling to  sleep.  My back is very stiff in the morning but it may not be related? I do still feel nausea on waking and a feeling as if my body lacks oxygen? it just feels heavy and unresponsive. A friend suggested looking at polymyalgia as a complication? I am getting the odd hot flashes in the day and night but they are mild compared to the ones I used to get.
    • Posted

thanks Caro. I just wanted to know if it is still helping with anxiety issues as  iam willing to go through side effects provided it helped with anxiety and low mood feeling. I will try it morning too.
    • Posted

Hi Pam. I think it on the whole it does help with anxiety and low moods though not completly eliminated it is so much better
  • Posted

Hi Pam,

i'm peri and commenced on this HRT just over 2 weeks ago. The blue tablets made me sick, now on the white and less S/E, how are you feeling now?

kelly

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.