Tibolone extra dose

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I been taking Tibolone for 3 months now the 1st month was getting my body used to the drug then the second month was brilliant no hot sweats my libido returned no dryness just generally feeling better then the 3rd month everything changed my night sweats returned I was not myself so I started chopping the tablet in half and taking half in a morning half in an afternoon then I thought I would try another half in the evening after 3 days I started to feel alother better like I did in the second month of taking tibolone what I was wondering am I doing harm to myself by taking that extra half of tablet which brings the dose to 3.7mg can anyone relate to this thank you

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, are you both still taking more than the 2.5 dose? Just wondering if I should try more as it's stopped working.

• Posted

Hi loulou

No I decided not to up the dose but went to see my Dr and he prescribed a small dose of citalopram 10mg so I take that along side tibolone at night and I have been not to bad some days are worse than others but I'm sleeping so that gives me a boost for the next day x

• Posted

yeah.. I have been taking 5 mg now for four months or so, but my hormonelevels were when recently measured still in the low-normal, so it would seem that for me 5mg is not too much.. 
    • Posted

So have your symptoms got better on 5mg r not as I'm waiting for an appointment with my gynaecologyist to see if I been to up my dose or not but being on CITALOPRAM 10mg haS helped my symptoms but that is a mild depression tablet

• Posted

yes i feel almost my old self again, but have an appointment in a few weeks with a doctor i hope knowlegdable on the subject to discuss if this is a safe thing to do and what if the effect wears off again..
    • Posted

I wanted to up my dose but was worried as there is not a higher dose tablet it's just the 2.5mg and that's it if there had of been more strengths then I would of upped the dose but I will see what gynaecologyist says if anything cause at the moment I'm fine all day but on an evening I'm having a few mild sweats which is better than before and I'm sleeping about 7 hours now so that might be the best I'm going to be x

• Posted

Hi both. I don't really know what to do. Am starting to wonder if my body actually needs less! This week I added a menopause supplement that gently increases hormone levels and all it did was make me blow up with water retention and make me feel weird. I seem to be piling on weight and blowing up which is generally a sign of too much oestrogen but still getting joint pains. It's a minefield isn't it! 😉

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.