Tibolone Side Effects Help Please!!!

Posted , 17 users are following.

Hi im 48 and on day 11 of Tibolone and for the last 2 days i've been having side effects and would love to hear if these eventually go away...Fuzzy head, headache at the back of my head, leg pains esp at night and also broken sleep - i keep waking up about 5 times during the night sad  at first i was fine up until day 9..

I really want these to work (after feeling rubbish on Ellest Duet) 

Also it would be nice to know how long it takes to help the Libedo kick in??( Lol hubby keeps asking !!!)

Any help would be great, just need a bit of hope !! xxx

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi I've been taking Livial nearly 2 years without any real side effects to date. I think it was about 2 months before I felt a notably improved sex drive. My moods are better than they have been in years. I still get the odd overheating feeling but much more bearable than previously. I feel much better on it than with the Ellest Duo.

Hope it works for you too :-)

• Posted

Thanks Tracy for giving me hope...early days really then for me being on day 12 !!! xx
    • Posted

If you're lucky it will kick in earlier as I had my ovaries removed it may have taken me longer. Hubby will feel like it's his birthday ;-)

I also have started to take Ovestin after using Vagifem which is weaker but worked fine in the early days of AV.

Here's hoping x

• Posted

Hi hellen, i was in my 30 days on livial and i had to stop, i start to have muscle pain in the legs and shoulders, joint pain , specially in my hips, i gained seven pounds, a fuzzy head as you said and my viaion was kind of weird .believe or not even my foots were in pain, my toes was like numb..very weird, and my libido never came back , is the same it was when i started the livial, so i decided to stop two days ago, muscle pain is gonne, my hips still hurts a little but not much like was before,and i got my period back(it was finished two days ago), and today i am having the worst head ache ever...i am not sure if this is because i stoped the livial, but a person on this forum said i should maybe the dose is too high for me, that i should take half dose and see how it works, i will try, maybe she is right..we qill see..hope you had better results with livial, please write back so we can keep posted on side effects of this pills.thank you
    • Posted

Hi Joelma, i came off Livial 4 weeks ago as for me the side effects was unbarable... Menopause symptoms esp low mood came back ;(  So doc put me on Sertraline (low dose) Up to now ive been ok!

For me ive been suffering for the last 4 years with meno symptons and have been on 3 diffrent types of HRT in that time and unfortunatly they all didnt agree with me as i always seem to suffer side effects.

I have put on 7 stone in the past 3 years and feel like ive no will power to be slim again as i always crave for sweet things (which i never did before the meno)

No libedo either ;(

Just want my old self back so much!!!

Any way good luck with your meno jurney and hope your feeling better soon

Helen XX 

• Posted

Hi helen, after  few months off the livial,  afriend of mine said i should try again,so i did, i am taking livial for a month now, so far my libido still zero,the muscle pain did not came back but every night i have the worst head ache, still sllep very well.

i will stick on it to see if my libido comes back, and i am also taking progesterone 225 mg at night as my doctor asked for,its a bioidentical hormone doctor,still have my regular periods,but anything else is good,just comcerned about my libido, it makes a big diference on me because me and my husband use to enjoy sex so much and now i dont fell like and just want to sleep.he gets sad, but what can i do?hope livial kicks in soon..

• Posted

Hi Helen,

I went onto livial and it was fantastic!!!! Then on day 28 I started having terrible leg pains, breathing problems and abdominal pain.... So I went off it. My doctor suggested maybe take half a tablet daily. So after a few months I started again on the half dose. Its been 24 days so far and Ive been okay. I think the full dose was too much for me. Of course it has taken longer to work and Libido isnt as raging as it was on the full dose but its there which is better than nothing!!!!!!! Hope this helps xx

• Posted

Hi Helen

Just curious why you took tibolone to start with? How have you been since then please share some light and may be some hope

• Posted

Hi

i just started taking Tibolone (Livial)

just started my second month today

i havent had a period in 14 months but last week i started bleeding very heavily

has anyone else experienced this ?

im also starting to get a rash on my body

like hives

i feel great though

no more hot flushes and im sleeping again

im hoping the sight effects are worth it lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.