Tickle in chest. Chronic cough.

Posted , 2 users are following.

9 weeks ago i did get a cold with all the classical symptoms. for a week i had wet cough with green mucous when coughing. the cold went away after a week. the cough turned into a dry unproductive one. i do also experience a tickle in my chest or throat which sometimes changes sides. left and right feeling. the cough and the tickle were a lot more some weeks ago but today even after 9 weeks it is bothering me daily.

these sensations are not there during sleep. the tickle comes like after breakfast. i am also taking now for 2 months an inhaled steroid pulmicort. for a week now i have also started with reflux meds pantozol 40mg in the morning. i have the feeling that its a bit better but still here. i did also have a chest x ray which was clear.

this tickle sensation is going on my nerves and also making me wonder what it could be. doctors have no clue. i dont have any alarming symptoms and this is the reason why i do not force my doctors for a CT scan. a CT scan is like 400 chest x rays at once and 1 of 2000 CT scan patients will get cancer from a scan. i am from the medical field and i want to follow a guidline with this problem of mine. i have read that a lof of people seem to have similar problems.

starts with a cold (tickle, cough) and stays for weeks or months or years. doctors diagnose reflux, post nasal drip etc.

any experience with such a thing?

i do suspect silent reflux, because i have constant throat clearance, tickle in throat chest with changing sides, sometimes cough, in the morning mucus in my throat.

anyone with same problem?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.