Tickling sensation in my left ear

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone knows what this tickling sensation I have in my left ear could be.

It started as soon as I woke up this morning, it is not a constant tickling, happening only now and again, and with that I sometimes get this crackling, squelching noise in my ear canal when I move my jaw in a certain way. There is no pain at all, hearing is fine, I'm not having any other symptoms, just a tickling sensation, and the tickling and crackling noises seem to be coming from nearer the entrance to the ear canal, not deep inside the ear.

I'd be very grateful to hear any thoughts and comments on what this might be.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It could be dermatitis in you ear, I suffer with that and my ears get really itchy and if it is left untreated I get the popping and crackling noises. If you itch it and it starts to get painful or skin starts to peel off it is probably dermatitis, otherwise I don't know.

• Posted

Thanks for the comments Moon.

I am wondering if you might be correct with dermatitis, the reason being I have been noticing I've been getting a lot more dry, peeling skin on different parts of my body, but mainly on my hands, upper arms and lower part of my legs. This has happened over the last few weeks, but it's not inflamed or itchy so not sure if this can be classed as dermatitis.

• Posted

You could have some sort of allergic reaction to a new washing detergent or shower gel or maybe a lotion. Instead of soap buy a product call dermol 500 lotion. It costs about £10-£12 but it is a big bottle and it lasts a while. you can rub it on the peeling skin and wash with it.

• Posted

Thanks for the advice Moon, I'll definitely give that a go!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.