Tietze/Costo for over 3 years now. 28 year old male, please get in touch!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone!

My name is Julian I am 28 years old and have been dealing with costo/tietzes for over 3 years now, I've been trying to find recent posts by others who are experiencing similar or even exactly the same feelings and pains.

I would really like to share experiences with others because in all this time I have never been able to hear it from someone else.

The things I feel pretty much daily are

Painful sternum(mostly left side)

Ribcage burning sensation mostly left side but can be anywhere

Pain just left to my spine also along the rib attachment

Tingling sensations in hands, arms and legs (left)

Pain in my neck and sides of my head

Painful jaw/jawmuscle

Dizzyness/lightheaded

These always come and go and they pretty much take turns as well, like if I havent felt a certain one in a while itll just pop up again out of nowhere.

Its been a pretty big influence on my life but I'm definitely not desperate, I still keep doing everything I need to do like work and exercize as much as I can.

Its just an insanely frustrating feeling sometimes and it makes you feel powerless over your own body and I do believe that when I am physically weak it gets worse, like when I am feeling sick, tired or even hungover its definitely worse.

?Just dont let it hold you back I guess, hope you or anyone can share more experiences with me after this I'd love to get it touch with people that have the same problems.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I suffer the same all my ribs back across sternum feels like heart I get so tiered it's in my shoulder blades sometimes I don't have the strength to do anything but you just keep going and it's nice to have other people to talk to I know we all suffer pain and it dose get you down I went back to doc yesterday I don't think he knows what to say keep your chin up

• Posted

Yea its hard but I think there is a big mental aspect to it, not saying that we are all crazy but just that if you keep yourself busy and distracted its easier to deal with it!

Do you ever get dizzy or pain around your neck/head?

Thanks for replying!

• Posted

Yep at moment it's in my back right at the top of my spine and it gose through to the front other my chest

• Posted

Hi julian

I have been experienceing the pain in my rib cage my neck my shoulder blade the dizzyness light headedness my sternam for a few weeks now is there any way off dealing with this as makes me very anxiest i have been hospital an had all tests an i no its not my heart is there any coping ways to help as its hard to deal with thank u

• Posted

Hi Paul,

how long have you been experiencing all these things? Because I feel that over time it changes, like with me it used to be a lot worse in between certain ribs but nowadays its also a lot more painful near my spine and my neck/head.

It normally doesnt stop me from doing what I need to do like work and exercize but some days(yesterday for example) was really bad I spent pretty much all day in bed. Has this happened to you? or anyone reading this for that matter.

Also im curious to know your age, proffession. smoker/drinker etc if youd like to share. I'm 28, fulltime bartender, smoke and drink quite regularly but also exercize plenty and eat healthy.

thanks for you reply!

• Posted

Hi julian

I have had these symptons for only about 5 monthsbbut there getting very frustrating now im a smoker an occasional drinker but go heavy if its a night out lol its mainly my rib cage at top my neck an back but i get so scared an cant deal with the anxiety is there anyway to get rid off this or cope with it

• Posted

An im 31 but unemployed but do get enough exercise but its mainly at night it triggers or when i stop keeping busy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.