Tietze Syndrome and Rheumatoid Arthritis

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, I was diagnosed about two years ago with Tietze Syndrome (which is very painful at times) but also more recently I've had knee and hip pain (particularly painful in my right knee) and my GP said that it could be Rheumatoid Arthritis as my rheumatoid level was higher than average. He told me to re-visit if my knee pain continues or gets worse. I was wondering if anybody knows if rheumatoid arthritis and teitze syndrome are connected at all? If so, do you think I should return to the GP and ask to be referred to a rheumatologist? I feel that I have to do something as I'm struggling to control the pain with paracetamol recently, and I have Gastritis too, so unfortunately I cannot take anti-inflammatory medications.

I'm just looking for some advise please, as I don't want to return to the doctors and feel like I'm wasting his time..

Regards. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Benjamin170793, don't worry at all about wasting anyone's time. If your GP is suspecting you might have Rheumatoid Arthritis then you should follow up speedily and get an appointment with a rheumatologist. If it turns out that you don't have RA then even better but if the contrary is the case then it is important to take appropriate medication as soon as possible. Nowadays, RA can be managed rather well with medication and serious complications like permanent joint deformations are (to a large extent) a thing of the past. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.