Tietze Syndrome.. finally diagnosed?

Posted , 10 users are following.

hey,

first of all i'm from germany so please dont be mad at my grammar mistakes.

i could cry because i finally found this site with people who have the same kind of condition.

for about 2 months i'm having the following symptoms:

• dull chest pain, mostly the left side but also on the right side (between my boob and sternum and under the collarbone)
  • sometimes it hurts when i touch it (not everytime)
  • pain radiates into my upper left arm and armpit
  • my bones feel swollen in that area
  • sometimes my back and lower ribs hurt too

at first i thought i'm having a heart attack but everything with my heart was fine. lung function was tested, also fine.

then i thought maybe breast cancer but my gynecologist touched both boobs and noticed nothing weird.

a few days ago i went to an orthopaedist and she diagnosed tietze syndrom. i'm getting physiotherapy soon but i doubt it will be effective. i try to move a lot to help the pain but its not working.

i will see the orthopaedist in 2 months again and if the pain doesnt get better i'm probably getting injections.

please let me know if you feel the same symptoms. is someone here who has some tips for me to handle the pain?

lots of love to you all!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Edited

hi i am 18 years old and i suffer with costochondritis and tietze syndrome and i have exactly the same symptoms as you ! its horrific and the pain is really scary as you automatically think there is something wrong with your heart but ive been to hospital to get checked out and my heart is fine so that made me feel less anxious ! what helps me with the pain is taking iburprofen or applying warm compress like a hot water bottle or having a warm bath with epsom salts or bubble bath i also do stretches everyday that also help a little but not alot unfortunately there isnt much you can do for it ! i hope this helps a little x

• Edited

thank you so much for your reply. it feels so good to know i'm not alone. i tried the heat but it's not always working.. i wish the pain would simply disappear someday. fingers crossed we wont be dealing with this s**t for too long!

• Edited

youre very welcome and i know heat doesnt always work its such a horrible condition as nothing really gets rid of the pain its horrible but just remember your not alone xx

• Edited

hi, it's good to know that I'm not alone in feeling like this. I have aches in my collarbone and also my bones feels swollen and tender sometimes .

my rib under my right breast is where I'm getting the dull ache and sometimes a sharp pain shooting feeling . I have always suffered from painful achy breasts for years which I've had docs check me for lumps etc.. but thankfully nothing is found .

• Posted

my breasts always hurt right before i start my period 😕 but now with costo / tietze it's even worse

• Edited

I just recently developed Costco for the second time I had it two years ago the thing that help me the most is a heating pad I also take Aleve or Advil. There are some stretching exercises that you can do also go online and look up exercises for costochondritis. Good luck

• Edited

I am 37 and I have costochondritis. I have every symptom that you've mentioned. I've dealt with it for over 2 years now. The collar bone pain and upper chest pain is what always makes me worry so much. I never put two and two together. It makes me feel better knowing that someone else has this, as much as I hate it for you.

• Edited

Hi Vivian

Sorry to hear. I've been struggling for about 10 months now. I have exact same symptoms and also feel odd tingling and numb sensation in left arm and hand (my pain, swelling and discomfort is also left side) I've been doing stretches which seem to help only day 3 now they say about 2 weeks before real difference is shown. I've realized (I'm a social smoker) that after a night of having some beers and couple cigarettes the next day is really bad.

Check video on YouTube Exercises for Tietze.

Keep well

Hein

Male 32 years of age

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.