Tietze syndrome or heart problems? Out of my mind with worry.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, can anyone please help? For the last 3 weeks I've had on and off shooting pains in my chest and arm some times pain other times it feels like electric type pain! And sometimes up my neck Mostly all on my left side. I went to AE twice with Chest, arm pain and breathing difficulties, first time I had blood tests on heart and EKG all came back Normal and second time EKG done also came back normal, two visits also to 2 different doctors who said, muscle pain, nerve pain, panic attacks anxiety! As they said my heart sounded fine, I'm out my mind with worry as I sit here writing this I have the electric type pain In my chest and I'm a single mum of 3. I've searched the Internet for answers and tietze syndrome is standing out but would I have these symptoms as I have no swelling on my breast bone but it is slightly sore to touch. Thank you very much for taking the time to read this.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I know exactly what you're going through. I've had the same symptoms and some more. Yes, anxiety can play a role. But those symptoms are anxiety provoking former. I have been to the ER many many times just to be on the safe side. All EKG and bloodwork came out normal. One or two times my heart rate was above100. I was told to go to cardiologist. Ended up with inappropriate sinus taccacardia. Thank God  not life threatening. Just needed beta blockers for abnormal heart rate. But pain in chest and arm still were there for over a year. My Dr. who is pretty awesome sent me to rheumatology and pulmonology and sees me twice a week to keep a close eye on me discovered in addition to Costro I also have Fibro Myalgia. She said some patients get upset with diagnosis and others are so happy to have a diagnosis thats treatable and Thank God not life threatening. Don't stop asking questions, and get those referrals if warranted. But know you are not alone. We are all here to support one another. Good luck and hang in there  smile

• Posted

Thank you Grace for your reply it's comforting to know you had the same symptoms as me, your doctor does sound awesome, I've seen 2 doctors so far at my clinic and 1 of them actually laughed when I ask could he send me for further Txt ( apart from the ekg and blood tests), I'm going back in the morning to see if I have any luck with a different doctor! And your right I now know I'm not alone which is what I felt before I joined this group only for help reply of all Yous wonderful people on this forum I'd be a complete mess, I so grateful to yourself and the others who have replied you'll never know how much you've have helped me though this, THANKYOU, I'll let you all know how I get on at the doctors tomorrow xxx

• Posted

Grace I selfishly forgot to mention before that I'm sorry to hear you also suffer with fibro myalgia, xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.