Tight band

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi everyone, I am only 12 days post op for a TKR, could you please tell me when the feeling of a tight band around the top of the leg just above the knee goes away, I'm only cat napping due to the tightness, any advice would be most appreciated.

thanks gill

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It takes a few weeks then you realise you havent felt it for a few days ---or was it weeks.
  • Posted

Hi, I'm 19 days post op and I still get it. A visit to your GP for some mild sleeping pills help on the sleep front.
    • Posted

Hi Pru, thanks for the advice, it's always good to hear how other people are doing after their TKR, and I know everyone is different at recovery, but  it still gives you an idea of where I should be at, if you know what I mean, thanks again, take care, gill
  • Posted

Hi Gill ,I'm at just over  four weeks pkr, and I still have it, seems the more I do the tighter it gets, it doesn't really hurt just most uncomfortable,  at the moment I'm also getting pains in the knee, which is " apparently " where I was give anasthetic injections directly into the knee, and there starting to were off, .
    • Posted

Hi Mandy, thank you for your reply, mine isn't painful it's as you say uncomfortable, I was just wondering where I am up to with my post op and using this forum is good for finding out things with people who have had TKR. I am back to the doc this morning, I'm hoping to have the staples removed so that will be good, thanks again gill
  • Posted

Hi Gill im 12 weeks and its worse than ever but at GP.S this morning so il see how it goes??
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply, I hope it went well at the docs. 

Take care and keep your chin up.

• Posted

Hi I had mine on march 19 and still have it although mine is below the knee cap like a tight metal band, apparently it is normal, no one can say how long it lasts as everyone is different with their recovery, wish mine would go, always worse in the mornings, take care x
    • Posted

Hi Dorothy, thanks for replying to my question, I'm hoping that one day I will wake up and it's gone, it's just uncomfortable and it's mostly at night, when you are trying to nod off.

take care and you will have to get in touch when yours go,s away, then you can celebrate xx

• Posted

Hi

I'm 7 months post TKR and still have some tightness above the knee. It's improving now and not so bad when i walk. It's where they cut the tendons. It can take up to a year to be ok again. I still have very sore muscles but massaging helps.

• Posted

Hi Suzi, thanks for the reply, my friend comes in every day to help me do my exercises and she pushes my foot back to get in bending again and on the way back down she massages the leg, she is so good and patient with me, I wouldn't know what I would do without her. I have to say that I am living on a compound in Saudi Arabia and everyone on the compound has been so good to me, I am so lucky. Take care and I hope the sore muscles improve x
    • Posted

Thanks Gill I'm in sunny oz but experiencing a cold spell at the moment. Surprised to feel a distinct singing from the knee while walking in the cold which I guess is the metal, cold against flesh - Different!

Hope you have a good recovery - Suzi

• Posted

I am nine weeks and still experiencing the same feeling. Oth above and below the knee
    • Posted

thanks Helen, it's just good to know what stage people are/ had with experiencing the tightness. Take care x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.