Tight chest, and slight breathless?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I suffer with acid reflux and recentely it has become worse?. My medication has changed : because for 2 weeks feeling very nause (the doctor changed my medication) and so I have been put on Lansoprazole Orodispersible 30mg Dailey half an a hour before food. The nause itself I still get but it's early days as I have only been on it a few days, although I don't get nause everyday like recentely But I'm getting tight chest with slight breathless I'm assuming this is part of acid reflux? If so what should I be doing for myself to help ease this? It mainly happens when I wake for an hour or two then through the day when I'm at work?. Can anyone give me some good tips please!??. I have suffered for many years with acid reflux but it has only recentely flared up and become much worse. I'm 46 any advice please?. Like foods/ herbal medication /drinks !. Thankyou x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

lve had simular and not even sure myself of whats caused probs in recent times, but my symptoms have improved.  l was diagnosed with acid reflux many years ago at same time as scope diagnosed intersticial cystitus, l was put on cimetidine, l wasnt aware of symptoms from it before that. l did get severe symptoms a few years earlier but they went when gall bladder removed. Last year started with chronic nausea, bad on waking for a couple of hours, also on exertion, doing jobs even walking for short distances, l tried chemist stuff no help, although ginger helped a little. Saw gastrologist had scope and shown to have a bit of gastritus, put on omprazole, didnt notice any big difference for weeks, but also changed diet, had gone off food with the nausea and lost 2 stone, so went on very plain diet snacks and small meal in evenings, spring water only,started probiotics, and nausea has eased. l do get breathlessness due to chest problems, but that got worse over the  time of gastritus symptoms. l know some other posters get degree,s of breathlessness with it. l think its still worth getting gp to check the breathlessness isnt due to chest probs, asthma, or other, also eating small meals and not to the extent of feeling too full or bloated. There,s lots of info on gastritus thread also, and sure others will advice, good wishes.
    • Posted

Hi Lynne thankyou for your reply. I'm going back next week to see the same doctor ( she wants to see me again: see how im doing on the medication!!!) I WILL tell her about my chest and slight breathless with this. Some guy that emailed me a link into the depth of acid reflux.hugs to you.
  • Posted

Hi, I am trying to find a diet that suits me. I avoid all the usual triggers but should I also avoid foods like muesli that appear to be OK because they don't cause an immediate trigger? Ditto dairy. I am not getting any better and still have to take Ranitine because I am getting heartburn every day and now also at night. I haven't found that supplements like DCL liquorice, acidophilus  and Betaine/ pepsin  help but should I continue to take all this stuff anyway? I just want a simple diet that's easy to follow. This illness has made me lose all interest in food now.
  • Posted

Hi Michelle,

Did you have a Gastroscopy?

You can always experience side effects but, tight chest, and breathless is something you should monitor and discuss with your doctor. It could be the meds, but do you still feel acid coming up? or, any burning sensation? Did you adjust you diet as good as possible? Do you smoke? You said you've changed your meds. What were you using before? It sounds like its happening after the meds kick in.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.