Tight Chest, Breathing feels weird

Posted , 2 users are following.

I feel a tight chest all day long, its not very painful just uncomfortable and makes me feel the need to gasp for air when breathing at times. This happens some days and then goes away. I also wake up in the night with a fast heart rate at times (about 120-130). Ive had about 10 ekg's in the last 3 months and an Echo sonogram and all comes out good. I had blood tests and even a chest X ray. everything came back fine according to the doctors. this tightness makes me feel uncomfortable, it feels like there is someone squeezing it lightly and it'll even tickle at times. I am not sure what is going on. I read online that anxiety tight chest is not usually all day long. It usually lasts up to 30 mins so I dont see how having this almost all day long or on and off on some days is anxiety. Please let me know what you think. I think im seeing an internist Monday and I have an MRI scheduled monday at 7pm

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.