Tight Foreskin

Posted , 4 users are following.

I myself have already seen a doctor - they all say I have tight foreskin and need a circumcision. However, its not the foreskin itself which is tight - moreso the "entrance" of my foreskin. I do not wish to get a circumcision, I am wondering if there is anything else I can do (surgery) - my parents know as well. I will do ANYTHING to not lose my foreskin eek !

1 like, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

  • Posted

    Don't allow yourself to get circumcised until you are more educated about the treatment options.

    If you are in the UK check out 15 Square, a charity that helps educate men about ways to treat phimosis without resorting to surgery.   https://www.15square.org.uk

    Basically in most cases you can treat phimosis with a combination of steroid creams and gentle tension to over time (several months) to loosen up the "entrance" to your foreskin. Search the web for "phimosis treatment" or "foreskin restoration". Many of the groups, while focusing on foreskin restoration (for those who are circumcised) also help those with phimosis as some of the tretment techniques are similar and the end goal is the same to have a healthy, functioning foreskin or as close to it as possible.

    Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums (blog and page not found). If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.


    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    If you wish not be be circumised maybe you need to seek a medical professional that will simpathize with your condition.  But, if you consult with a mainstream doctor on this you might not get the result you are looking for.

    Advocate for yourself.  You are the one that is going to live with your situation the rest of your life one way or the other.  You can always opt to be circumsized later if you decide.  But, before you get to that point go shopping for a doctor who might be able to provide the result you are looking for.  I wish you well and know you will do the right thing for yourself on your timeline and no one elses.

    My best,


    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    first you can try a cream/gel/ointment that are meant to help soften the foreskin, making it easier to retract. 

    if that doesn't work they may be able to try a different more minor type of surgery where they release areas where the foreskin is stuck to the glans which could again help. 

    don't make any decisions until youve fully researched and understood all of your options. get your gp to refer you to a urologist and they can go through your options with you in more detail

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Why not circumcise? It will solve your problem entirely for the rest of your life. Circumcision as surgery is not bad at all. I had it done as a adult and everything healed in 10 days. I see many good benefits being circumcised.

    Had inflamed foreskin for long time and foreskin started sticking and adhesive to penis head so every separation was very painful and it bled often. No problems after.

    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up