tight muscles

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi i have fibro waiting for blood tests to see if anything esle is going on 

as iv been feeling much worse recently .

along with pain and fatigue its the tightness in my muscles driving me mad and restricting my movements esp my thigh muscles there so tight i cant cross my legs anymore even crossing my ankles is really tight .

and if i ever end up on my knees the agoney you wouldnt believe i cant move let alone get up . is there any way i can stretch them make them more flexable with out hurting myself

1 like, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Tis, I too can sympathise with your pain, I've has this dreaded fibro for years but the past few months have been the worse I've ever had in my life,

We are all aware that stress shock upset bereavement can make things worse,

Even though my mind is strong my body feels so weak almost failing me on a daily basis 😞 but sorry I have no answers for you either, I to like natural, but have taken everything on offer the past few months but like many others sometimes it takes the edge off but the pain never goes away,

Have you tried some healing? If nothing else it's very relaxing and soothing for the mind,

Gentle hugs and healing thoughts sent your way.

• Posted

i have acuputure but thats helping more with the anixety part of my condition .

its the tightness causing the pain  .and its my fault because after a bad fall i stopped going out for my daily walks,now everything is tight and its driving me mad .

• Posted

i did have an amazing MCtimoney chiropracter some years ago which gave me such releif , i started going twice a week and got it down to once every 3months ,but since he retired i cant find anyone in his field in my area ,

it is such a shame because i really did get vast improvement in mobility and thus less pain . i would pay any price to have those excellant treatments again .its cruel that i know theres a treatment out there that gives a vast improvement to my life but theres no body doing it .

• Posted

Hello all, I confer with each of you the frustration of going from doctor to doctor trying to figure it out misdiagnosis and then finally is a Rheumatologist who was a godsend he's the only one that would listen. I too have a lot of pain primarily in my hands and Nick and right shoulder but I can't hold very small things in my hand either sorry for you but at the same time glad to know that I'm not the only one that has these type of symptoms just starting pain management hopefully it will ease some of the symptoms not very big on medication either used to be a nurse assistant so I know what meds can do to you so the rest I am relying on Jesus ultimately he is the greatest tradition and the only one I know that can work miracles I leave it all in his hands praying for all and thanks for listening
  • Posted

Hi Tis

Sounds very painful. I have constant pain in my hips,thighs and knees and its only eased with Oramorph. Sorry not much help to you..

• Posted

I get very tight muscles and shocking soasms..I just take cramp eze...over the counter meds..but doubling up in magnesium seems to work great, so I cut them out 2 months ago..but that Colloidal Gold you recommended is just awesome..even for that... I used heaps of hot water bottles when I was bad...I really wondered what was happening to me when I  first started getting them years ago...my doc said excercising my muscles is the best, but he is aware I can't do too much, so in the swimming pool I go at least twice a week..just walking up and down the heated pool, all really helps....unless of course you want to go down that line of muscle relaxants...bad stuff..very addictive..judging from what you post you certainly don't want drugs..like me..do hooe you get some relief..it's really painful..gentle hugs from over the seas..be blessed..:-) xxx
    • Posted

WE dont live near to a swimming pool hoping to move soon 

so i can go at least once a week maybe to the over 50s 

dont like being round lots of people splashing and jumping around 

as i can t  swim very well . no i am not keen on meds so sensistive 

i want to get back on my gold and minerals but want to find out first what blood tests say .see what the doc wants to put me on .i dont mind giving something a try as long as it dosent cause me more problems

iv got to go to get my pip form filled in soon iv had to squeese an accupunture treatment in to calm my aniexty but i am still near breaking point , its not the form filling so much as the journy to and getting there on time and being seen oon time all this causes such aniexty i am fine once i am there 

wish me luck .i just wish it was over 

• Posted

Hope all goes really well for you tiswasI don't know what PIP is..I'm assuming it's something to do with a disabled benifit???  Must be horrid having to be worried so much like that......and they say stress is terrible for Fibro..mmm...how on earth is one supposed to feel better when their stressing out soooo much, by the powers that be...what don't they understand about the effects of stress on our bodies....

yes I sooo don't like people splashing around me either..I am/was a very strong swimmer, my dad taught us all to swim in the surf...you had to be strong just to survive..lol..

have a really great day ...hope your blood tests are in your favour...be blessed tiswas.,:-) xxxx

• Posted

Good Luck Tiswas !

Stay calm and positive. Hope you get your PIP sorted.

Take care x

• Posted

had a stressful day but managed to get thru it .

the forms gone of now so not stressing no point

what will be will be ,if they turn me down il just go back to DAG 

stands for disability action group .. and fight it .

blood tests came back with fso hormone leval that wasnt rigth 

and high inflamotary markers ,esp one that she was concerned about 

she suggested more blood tests to check for some inflamotry disorders 

and suggested a referal back to the rhemotolgist to see what he could come up with .if anything so more weeks of worry . but like the doctor said unless the second lot of blood tests show something shes not able to make a digoneses so the only way i am going to find whats going on is from the rhemotoligist.  

i asked what the treatment would be she said more than likely antiinflamotrys not keen on those and the damage they can do

so really concerned . and worried . i wish i was a bloody horse then they could bloody shoot me and have it done with .

• Posted

bit of a hiccup with the form filling appoinment 

but got it done its gon eof now done and dusted 

so not worrying .i will go back and fight it if i have to .

but wory about that later

• Posted

Well Done!

Relax and enjoy the rest of your evening x

• Posted

when theres nothing esle i can do ,i just dont worry .its leading up to all thats when i get stressed .thanks for you rgood wishessmile
  • Posted

Hi Tis, I was wondering if you have tried the Actipatch yet? Also you are not alone with your esr (inflamatory) markers being high as mine have been high in all my blood tests for the past 2 years and is probably a sign of of inflamatory arthritis or an infection - good luck in finding out! Your fsh hormone markers will be high as it's telling you you're in your menopause. My 'feeling easier' stage didn't last long as I'm back in agony again wish someone would chop my arm of lol. I'm going to have an injection in my neck on 28th and if it helps then they will look at neck surgery for me - petrified at the thought! Also trying to get on the list to have the nerves in my lumbar spine burnt away again and facet joint injections. Won't solve the pain and tightness in muscles though and I just doing know, other than fibro, what causes this. Anyway enough moaning, how have you been this past week? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.