Tight pressure

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have post viral fatigue and have a new symptom when I woke up this morning had real prob with getting out of bed had an still have a very tight pressure it's like being squeezed it's making me even more breathless goes right round body from bottom of bra line to just above waist the area feels really tight and stiff anyone else get this please

2 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Not nice symptoms, and not some I've experienced.  But, these things come to mind:  Gall bladder, pancreas and even lungs and heart which can cause some pressure discomfort from the waist up, I think I've read.  I know women with heart trouble can feel pain in their back.  I don't think this is something I would ignore, Royalty.  That wasn't meant to scare you and it may be just more of the unusual stuff that can come with this illness, but I'd get checked out if it happens again.  

• Posted

Thank you Phillis maybe I should after all it is very new to me I really hate going to drs I don't want to be labelled a hypochondriac but it is worrying and better for me to get checked out 

• Posted

I get this quite a bit, and in fact as well as the ME/CFS I was diagnosed with asthma at 58 after collapsing in the garden one afternoon and having to get an ambulance, who immediately put me on a ventilator. I'm now on regular puffers and although they do make things a lot better I still get the sort of symptoms that you describe though which isn't relieved by the puffers, so I have always put it down to yet another of the vagaries of this stupid condition....

Yours may well be the CFS but just to be sure, have it checked by your doctor by doing a simple peak flow test that takes two minutes. It's always best to eliminate other possible causes of symptoms when you have ME/CFS, just in case.

• Posted

Yes that does make sense thank you I will make appointment next week when my regular drs in thanks for the advice
    • Posted

Ask your doctor to check your Vitamin B12 and Folate levels as just one of the symptoms of B12 deficiency is breathlessness and apprently their is a connection with CFS.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.