tight that and slight coughing?! scared it might be the virus?!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I live in the UK and have not left the house since last Monday. I was fine up and till this week. On Tuesday i experienced a really tight throat and i was like okay this is anxiety as it has happened before. But throughout the days it has gotten slightly worse i feel a little bit of tightness in my chest and the urge to cough here and there.

I know this is a really strange example but have you ever had a certain sweet like a pear drop thats made you want to cough a little? That is the sensation in my throat right now and i am LOSING MY MIND. I'm just getting really worried as i live with 2 very high risk people and im so scared. Like where is all of this coming from right now...Please can someone offer any advice?!!t

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

im in the uk too and i think with the way we are living at the moment it is coupled with anxiety . ive needed my inhaler recently an d i think it is all to do with anxiety .

ive had globus for 5 years . 2 cameras up nose and 3 in stomach and nothing to show except im just probably an anxious person ( hence lump in throat )

stay safe and take care of your loved ones . we will come out of this all of us !!

take care

• Edited

it is anxiety. 😃 try not to think about it too much. just be careful, wash your hands, dont go out more often than you need...

Remember, the more you worry, the higher is your cortisol, the more prone you are to any kind of infection.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.