Tight throbbing pain in arms and legs, is it Fibro ?!?!?!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am 17 years old and over 2 years ago began suffering from daily tension headaches and pain in the back of my head and neck. Gradually this pain moved other places in my body and as of the past few months i have been getting pains in my arm and legs, which feel deep, throbbing and make my limbs feel pressurized. I also get pain in other parts of my body, which dont last as long, such as my bum muscle, my knees, my ankles and my chest. However i know a common symptom of fibro is that the skin can be painful to touch however mine never is. Do these symptoms sound like fibromyalgia and can does anyone get the same pain im feeling?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

Hi Emily

i have had fibro for nearly 16 years now and i often have pain like you are describing among other symptoms. however i alway say to people to check with their doc when new symptoms show up, as fibro, once you are diagnosed with it can be blamed for so many symptoms and not all are down to fybro. my doc tends to fob me off with that's just your fibro but I'm pretty in tune with my body now and if I'm not convinced i push for a second opinion. its hard to say definitively whether a symptom is fibro without ruling out other possibilities. fibro can overlap or mimic many other conditions. if there is no other cause for these symptoms then unfortunately I'd say yep its fibro !

i hope you find some relief and some positive help from your doc .

BB

xx

• Edited

Thanks for you help. Since you can relate with my symptoms, I just wanted to ask if you also got pain from your shoulder that aches the entire way down, down into your arms and the same from your hips and down your legs? I know this doesnt sound like typical fibro so I am just searching anyone else that may be experiecing the same as me. Thanks 😃

• Posted

hi

i have fibro but i will say i just told my dr about the same pain in the back of my head and neck for me i already no i have narrowing of my neck and he did mention in may or may not be a contributing factor but having fibro tends to magnify the pain and cause the pain to feel worse then it would someone who does not have fibro. maybe an xray to male sure all is ok could help you rule out and soine/neck concerns

its a tricky diagnosis ans makes it hard to marrow things down so sorry for you pain! i hope this helps

😦 feel better

• Posted

Hello Emily

You don't say whether you've discussed with your GP. You should ask to have some tests - maybe blood tests and x rays. You could also ask to be referred to a Rhuematologist just to rule out anything else. Fibro has such confused and complicated symptoms that it is difficult to diagnose - I have some of the symptoms you describe.

I try to get lots of exercise-even though its the last thing I feel like doing some days and have had physio on my neck which is apparently the cause of the arm pains. . It helps along with applying heat.

Hope you get some answers.

Joan

• Posted

Hiya Joan,

Ive seen my GP a few times and had blood tests done for things like any vitamin deficineys or atheritis and each time they came back clear. In May i have an appointment at the immunolgy department but i fear that nothing will come up.

I have recently been going to the gym and found that my pains get worse afterwards, is this normal?

• Posted

when i first hot fibro i couldnt even ealk let alone exercise, but thats what they kept telling me to do ! my mobility improve ovet time but mainly through rest and gentle stretches. however as you say the pain after any physical movement could be debilitating for hours then id be sore for days. it is important to keep moving but listen yo your body, if you need yo sleep, sleep you need to rest, rest. one.of the other symptoms of fibro is the chronic fatigue !

i know it sounds dumb but sometimes i feel like each and every fibre of my body hurts and the fatigue is crippling.

i hope you find some respite but its trial and error to find what works for you as we are all different.

BB

xx

• Posted

Hi Emily

My exercise is walking, yoga and pilates. I do get sore after it and sometimes really tired. TBH I find I hurt whether I exercise or not so I reckon it is best to keep exercising. I have random pain throughout my body but the worse for me is my neck, shoulders and arms, back and legs. I take gabapentin which I find helps the vibrating feeling I get and the restless legs.

I think symptoms differ from person to person and everyone has their own way of coping.

Joan

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.