Tight urethra symptoms pain and urinary

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi guys,

I am a 29 year old male who has been suffering with pain and urinary symptoms for two years almost exactly. I have a slow urine flow, relatively frequent urination. My pain is almost entirely localised to the distal/tip of the urethra which feels tight and excrutiatingly sensitive when urine passes through it and when I ejaculate. ejaculation is also a huge trigger for the pain being worse - burning across the urethra and perineum, redness inside the urethra at the tip, and even more sharpness at the tip of urethra.

I have had plenty of infection/std tests - all negative. Nonetheless tried 2 months of trimethoprim and 3 months of doxycyline - neither helped. I did a cystoscopy which said nothing wrong with urethra. I did video urodynamics + urethrogram which also ruled out stricture. i even later had a dilation because I begged for it due to pain, it was done to 18fr but didnt improve my symptoms anyway. I have tried flomax, nerve pain meds, all sorts of anti inflmmatories...nothing works for any of my symptoms.

i recently had a pudendal nerve block, even that hasnt worked. i am now being referred to physio and possibly having another nerve block on different set of symptoms. but im so confused and distraught.

why does my urethra feel tight and blocked if I do not have a stricture? does anyone else have any story of these symptoms with success suggestions?

i am struggling to go on like this.

my best wishes to anybody else suffering x

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Have you tested for any stds? Especially herpes. I know it does not fit regular symptoms but I would check that as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.