Tightness and tension

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just recently I have been waking up in the morning with a headache and my neck and back muscles terribly tight and tense. Yesterday my chiropractor agreed with my GP that it is most probably Fibromyalgia and it seems to fit the criteria.

It is not a good way to start the day. Does anyone else who suffers with this have any tips that they have found helpful? I am just waiting for the water to heat up for a bath, hoping it willl loosen me up .

also does anyone have experience of using amitriptyline with this condition as I have been given it but it is still sitting in the drawer whilst I suffer with stiffness and insomnia. I am a bit scared of chemicals. :roll:

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Finally got through after waiting nearly 2 mins! :roll:

As I mentioned in another posting, Alicia - a drug called Baclofen is apparently being used with great success for the pain of fibromyalgia - not many GPs are aware of this. Also a long soak in a bath containing a large scoop of Epsom salts. I also find massage helps (my daughter is very good at this).

I tired Amitrip. but found it knocked me for six - if you do try it just have a really tiny dose to begin with. I take Dosulepin at night and it helps me sleep as well as pain control - though having said that the pain has got worse just lately particularly in the evenings. I always say it is like carrying a heavy bag of hot coals on the shoulders and neck - the pain then travels down my arms in the evening and my hands tingle.

It is a pain literally and makes me very irritable at times - well, more than usual!!:wah:

• Posted

I have been using amitriptylene for quiet a while jnow it does help me. It took a while to get used too, at first I always felt hungover the following morning.
  • Posted

Hi All

Not been able to access the forum but seem to have found the answer, Saturday mornings :o It has been really quick today

I have been waking with a stiff neck and shoulders lately but just thought I had slept funny. I do have a history of shoulder injury, thats why I had to quit nursing :nurse: :wah:

Think I will take an old injury playing up over fibromyalgia! :?

After my car crash on Weds my GP prescribed Robaxin for the muscle sprain but they just spaced me out and did not really help the pain :shock:

Dale xxx

• Posted

Crumbs, Dale - a car crash :shock: Must have missed that posting - hope you are okay now. :?
  • Posted

Hi Katie

I am ok but my car has been written off :wah: Got the hassle of sorting that out now :evil:

Been resting and recovering alright so far :wink:

Dale xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.