TIGHTNESS AROUND EYES, GLUE LIKE FEELING, PULLING SENSATION????????

Posted , 11 users are following.

Anybody get those odd wierd sensation around eyes?..like the muscle around eyes are tight, like if its getting pulled, heavy eye lids sometimes, theres days that is not that much but other days that i feel it the whole day..slight pain..very hard to describe

theres times that it gets very bad where my eyes just want to close..especially when i exert myself or stress

I have health anxiety

went through alot of stress this year

Eye doctor said i have dry eyes so i dont know if thats whats causing it or anxiety/tension is..

HELLPP!!

Thanks

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hey I know what you mean. I have it right now. It’s mostly in my right eye but it’s like it’s constantly under pressure or somethings off. I had my eyes checked and they said nothing sad it’s so horrible 
    • Posted

Yes its horrible!

sometimes its soo bad it makes me feel slightly off balance or foggy minded..

it comes and goes..supper annoying

anything you do that helps it go away?

• Posted

It’s a little pricey and not for everyone but I started using cbd oils 3 times a day. I tried cymbalta and it was a nightmare so I wanted something natural and it’s really working well 

• Posted

I have that also .. did you ever get relief? My eyelids feel tight.
  • Edited

hi,

yes i have this problem with my eyes, its hard to move my eyes too much without pain and sometimes disorientation and motion sickness. my vision is fine though. Varies from day to day. is there anything that has helped you? I'm really looking for any treatment.

I've had all the MRIs and blood tests but no abnormalities found. I'm seeing a neuro-optomologist who jas me doing eye exercises but they are not helping so far.

thank you

• Posted

I am so sorry to hear that you are having this uncomfortable sensation. I have had this same problem since I started having a migraine phobia since 2011 and that phobia developed into panic disorder, generalized anxiety disorder and depression. The sensation has gradually gotten worse and goes along with whole body muscle tension, anxiety, shortness of breath and panic attacks. I cannot get my mind off of the sensation in my eyes. Both eyes are effected. It feels like something is sucking my eyes back into my head. It is hard to move my eyes but I am still able to do so but causes extreme discomfort. I have tried a plethora of medications but nothing seems to relieve the feelings and I have even tried benzos. I no longer take any meds. I am beginning to think that it could be dry eyes but my neck and shoulders stay tense all the time too which I believe that causes it because of being tense. I feel your pain about this sensation and wish that I could help but I don't know myself. I am also trying to find answers and why. It seems to also have a lot to do with my breathing pattern. Since I have developed an anxiety disorder, I can't breathe automatically anymore. I manual breathe. Anyway best of luck to you and hope you feel better. If you find out why you feel this, please update. Thank you.

• Posted

Hi have you been able to get any solution for this. I seem to have the same problem?

• Edited

Hi, everyone! My boyfriend had very similar eye symptoms to all of yours and went undiagnosed for years. Doctors all had no clue. Recently, we finally discovered that he has binocular vision dysfunction. Anxiety and panic attacks very commonly go hand in hand with it.

I created this profile just to tell you to look it up. I know that if someone had done the same for us awhile back, it would have saved us years of suffering and trouble. Hope this is helpful to at least on of you or someone you know.

• Posted

where did he go to find out he had it? I have also wondered if this is my problem as well, but it seems expensive and not easy to find a place near by.

• Posted

Hi have you been able to get any solution for this. I seem to have the same problem?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.