Tightness in chest when breathing deeply in

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there.

I've been having palpitations for more than two years and I am waiting for an appointment with the cardiologist. I've been having tightness in my chest whenever I breathe in - the pain isn't minor, but it is noticeable. My heart rate is ranging between 80-110 bpm and I can feel my heart beating quite hard when I feel my chest. My stress levels are probably around 6/10 and I do occasionally get other symptoms such as dizziness, shortness of breath.

What could be causing this? 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Have you had your blood pressure taken? Where about on your chest does it hurt? Are you taking any medication?
    • Posted

Yes I have for many reasons. They haven't said anything regarding it so it must be ok.

I think the pain is just in the upper chest, but I'm not too sure. If I take a deep breath in, it will pain a bit. Right now, I only have mild discomfort (it started whilst I was eating about 3 hours ago). I almost have to stick my chest out to get the pain away.

I was prescribed propanolol back in April. It was ineffective the first time, so I took an increased dose, but that was also ineffective so they scrapped it altogether.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.