Tightness in my chest during period

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello

Hope someone can help me. I’m a 38 years old and I think I’m going through premenopausal. My dr. Thinks I’m too young but I have all the symptoms that I read. I have also been having chest tightness to the point I feel like I’m lacking oxygen. I have had my heart tested and it’s not my heart. I do suffer with anxiety but it is controlled by meds.  Does anyone else lone else get this ?   I have notice the last menstral periods I have had this tightness. It’s been 5 years now and now I’m noticing it to come on with my period. 

Please help 

Thank you 

0 likes, 11 replies

Report / Delete

11 Replies

• Posted

Might be worth getting more detailed hormone tests done. Anxiety also can cause all sorts of symptoms. I hope you find a solution. 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi I'm 39 nah have been suffering for 4 years. chest pain and anxiety being the worst symptoms. I get really short of breath and tight chest a few days b4 my period. same as you had heart test done and all fine. ive had bloods done and Dr just keeps telling me it's anxiety. I've had loads of perimenopause symptoms butvdoctor thinks I'm too young. I'm constantly exhausted and worry about everything. xx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I have and is very frightening I also have ansiety and it gets confused I do excersice and when it happens I try to cough a couple of times and I’m good. I also listen to soft tranquil music and sounds. I’m here and I read this forum almost everyday to calm myself down. Hugs
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I do not have chest pain, but the palpitations are just as bad. I hope you get better Maryann.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I also suffer anxiety bad and find it hard to breath. I have night sweat but less than before and hot flushes, did have weak bladder, less appetite, general slowing down. I went to the docs. They sent me for a blood test to make sure I'm not anaemic and thyroid. Had concerns for a while due to tight bloated tummy every day. Hope it nothing more serious

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up