Tightness in throat

Posted , 5 users are following.

I went golfing and had 2 walk a hill with my clubs to go to the clubhouse 2 go pay. I felt a tightness or lump feeling in my throat kinda by my Adams apple. I looked it up and just came up anxiety. It kinda went away as the round went on but now it's back again. Never had this feeling with anxiety before.

Should I just chalk this up to anxiety or should I be concerned. I have heart tests done that have come back fine so anxiety it is??

Thanks everyone

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi , I just wanted to let you know that definitely could be only anxiety because I get this all all the time out of nowhere the tightness in my throat and lump in my throat but it does come and go so no need to worry , if you are concerned you can always talk to your Dr
    • Posted

Thanks for the reasurance. I've heard of ppl on here getting a tightness lump in there throat as part of anxiety... I have never really gotten this before especially when walking...

I went for a walk yesterday and I was fine....

Had some heart tests done and I was fine so shouldn't be concerned about that but it's anxiety so...

• Posted

Thanks for the reasurance. I've heard of ppl on here getting a tightness lump in there throat as part of anxiety... I have never really gotten this before especially when walking...

I went for a walk yesterday and I was fine....

Had some heart tests done and I was fine so shouldn't be concerned about that but it's anxiety so...

• Posted

Do you have any idea why you are putting this down to anxiety ? If someone feels they are upset and going to cry, yes I suppose it ay be anxiety

If you are a sufferer did something cause this problem

BOB

• Posted

I was just walking up a hill with my golf clubs and it hit me. I wasn't thinking about anything. It went away like didn't really bother me while I was golfing but it's still kinda lingering now. Went for a walk yesterday and I was fine so.... I have heard this symptom associated with anxiety so that's why I suggested anxiety.

Thanks

• Posted

Sometimes this will happen if stressed or over anxious about something.

I find if I get this type of feeling it is something that has entered my mind

Someties it is related to a lump in your throat, anxiety, sadness

It happened to me last time I was away, I entered a room and felt same, I thought I may cry, I have no idea why, very strange

You know where we are if you are concerned about anything

BOB

• Posted

Anxiety can cause that globus sensation that you're having, but so can gerd and sinus problems. It's a good thing that it comes and goes, instead of a "lump" that doesn't simmer down. It wouldn't hurt to have a doctor check you over, just so you know for certain that this is stemming solely from anxiety. I've noticed that the more you relax, and not think about it, the sooner it goes down.

I've been dealing with the same issue for months now, and am scheduled to see an ENT doctor September 1st. My sinuses are currently infected again, recently started having silent refulx after a gallbladder removal surgery, and I've had anxiety for years. Soooo, it could really be anything at this point.

Best of luck to you.

• Posted

I've been checked over by a doctor had heart tests done everything was fine. Haven't seen my doctor since this weird throat sensation but did talk to a doctor not my family for

Doctor but was told it's undoubghty anxiety so I'll just deal with it....

• Posted

If your lump in the throat is generally always felt. to put your mind at rest see your GP

Good Luck

BOB

• Posted

First time I've really ever felt that sensation. From what I've been told it's anxiety related and I haven't experienced that sensation since...

Appreciate everyone's feedback.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.