Tightness in throat that gets better with exercise?

Posted , 3 users are following.

So for about three or four weeks now I have been having very bad health anxiety and I have been fearing that I have a heart arrhythmia that will give me a cardiac arrest. I got an EKG/ECG and my doctor(s)/ GP told me I was fine but I don't buy it. I have felt chest pain that does not feel like pressure and last only a few moments (but still scares me), aches and pains in my arm and back, heart palpitations  and now a tightness in my throat that happens sometimes when sitting but especially when I get up after sitting and walk around. It has mostly been the throat thing that has bothered me though. With that in mind, today I went running with my dad and noticed that to my surprise I did not feel that thing in my throat like I couldn't breathe that I get even when walking. I did feel slight pain on the right side of my chest but it did not feel like pressure and I did feel a bit tired but that may be due to fact that I have only been sleeping like 5 hours a night due to anxiety. It this a good sign that it is anxiety and not a heart problem? This has been very hard on me and I would really appreciate help or if you relate thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It sounds like anxiety to me but the symptoms you describe are very similar to reflux. Both can feel like you have a lump in your throat and can cause back and chest pain. If it was heart related I would think it would get worse with exercise but I’m obviously not an expert! Hope it eases off and you can start to relax a bit.
  • Posted

I am sorry you are suffering with all these problems. I would suggest going back to Dr. That is the only thing that will ease your my nd. It could be so many things not related to your heart. Stress, no sleep!! Hope you feel better soon. Try not to worry, go to Doctor, let him shorthand figure it out!!Try some deep breathing and exercise is greAt, just don't over do!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.