Tightness on right side of throat/Spasm?

Posted , 2 users are following.

This started a few months back when I had a lump in throat that went away and now I’m left with this constant dull off and on pinch/ache. It doesnt bother me to eat but sometimes when I swallow I get a slight tightness. This somehow led to me constantly swallowing my saliva to see if it will indeed keep happening. Its only on the right side and seems to come and go. Its never consistent but does get worse if I worry. Usually when i first wake up i dont feel any sensation at all. I havent noticed any weird lumps, no acid reflux, it seems globus is a possibility. I do have some health anxiety, so I was wondering if anyone has gone through this too and had any advice.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

this suddenly come on , hubby was away had tightness swallowing was difficult thought choking went t A&E said i had eaten something took piriton for a few days, got worse, back down hospital panic attacks! was a bit dubious and im a very outgoing happy person, had it bad 2 weeks wasnt eating kept crying panicking etc..heart eating etc, maybe it is anxiety etc, than it went!! 2 weeks i didnt have any isssues, than it came back few days ago, not as bad but its back, a lump, constant swallowing, saliva, coughing, its a vicious circle, i have read about botox injection in the throat so will be looking into this, it gets worse late at night but once asleep its ok! I am keeping busy and as long as im around people i forget about it and it sort of goes away. Am doing the exercises someone else suggested, also im going to yoga as meant to help or a brisk walk exercise is meant to ease it oh and wine does help lol 

• Posted

Yea if I don't focus on it it's fine I think it's worse at night because we tend to focus on it once the day has died down and we have nothing to do or distract ourselves with.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.