Tightness/squeeze feeling off and on in hip are on right side

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm not sure if this is part of menopause or not but every now and then I get a "tightness/pulling" type feeling only on my right side. So if you put your hands on your hips, where the longest finger extends to is where I get this tightness. It can come on at any time but I really noticed it upon waking this morning when turning over to get out of bed, it really tightened up. Now, with that being said, I went for a walk after getting up and when I had gotten back, it felt better. I then had a bowel movement which I'm wondering if IBS can be the cause of the right feeling? It's always in the same place on the same side. I get this feeling every so often. I know I'm out of shape...I have lived with low back pain for years. I have had recent blood work up and all was fine there with the exception of being in the very beginning of hypothyroidism. (Oh brother!) I don't going on meds at all so I'm pretty free of meds so far. I'm 51 by the way. Does this sound like it's menopause related or more maybe IBS?

Thanks to all who reply!😊

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Lyn, I have a lot of tightness like what you are describing but mine is mainly in my arms and shoulders but it is EXACTLY like what you are describing. What is it????? It also started when I started peri menopause. Why in the world were so many of us thrown off gaurd with the multiplicity of symptoms. I cannot believe the pain tightness in my shoulders.  Exercise is so important, it does help, not completely but its helpful.
    • Posted

I have the tightness in my neck and shoulders too. I'm thinking the tightness that I have around in from of my hip may be due to irritable bowel? I don't know. Yes, it is frustrating with all of these unfamiliar symptoms. I have no one in my family to get a history from because they just don't want to talk about it. How selfish is that! Something so important but anyway, yes I have the pain you do to. I get deep tissue massages every month and although, it feels good at the time....it doesn't last long. Lol
    • Posted

Lyn, I am with you about the women in the family not wanting to discuss it, my mom says very little, when I address it she says I took black cohosh for the hot flashes, I get the impression that it was a pretty mild menopause but who knows., I would like to talk to my grandmother but she is very elderly and I dont know if she would want to talk about it, my aunt has dealt with some of the same health issues I have so I am planning on talking to her. It is frustrating, I do a lot of research on my own,.  I started the iodine a few days ago for the breast itching and pain. I was told that takes about 3 months to see real relief and you have to take with selenium, which I have too. As far as the tightness, the turmeric is supposed to help but no one has explained to me how much you should take and how long does it take to work either. I think thats the frustrating issue with homeopathy because its a long long process. But, the instant pain relief does damage over the long haul to your liver,.
    • Posted

I am going to start the massages too.  
    • Posted

At least you have an Aunt that hopefully can give you something to draw upon. I use Tumeric Force by New Chapter. I take one capule daily with food. Again, I don't know how long it takes to work...for me if I feel any relief, its usually within 3 hours. When taki g a Whole food vitamin, they usually work pretty quickly. I never understood meds that they say will take weeks to start working. Lol
    • Posted

Meds work asap, BUT when it comes to minerals, I think it takes a while for them to build up in your system, ditto about turmeric, it works pretty quickly for pain.
    • Posted

Most people in the U.S have iodine deficencies and some people think it explains many Americans dealing with thyroid issues along with other problems that stem from vitamin d and iodone defincencies. It takes awhile but I have seen a big difference with my appetite since I have been doing the iodine, I dont want to eat as much.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.