Tightrope Lisfranc Surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi [email]I@m[/email] interested on hearing from anyone who has undergone the new tightrope surgery.  I was diagnosed with the lisfranc fracture (non dislocation) earlier this year.  Five months on, eight weeks non weight bearing and another 8 weeks in a boot recovery seems to be progressing well.  Having regular physio, now walking, cycling, swimming however, I am still experiencing pain around the base of my big toe and side of my foot.  At the time of the injury it was recommended that I have plates etc... finally we made a collective decision just to continue with the traditional method of natural healing.  Today I had a regular follow up appointment with the consultant and to my surprise there is a slight gap at the base of the big toe and whilst the stability is not compromised I have been recommended to have the tightrope surgery to minimise the risk of arthritis and pain.  I have been led to believe that this is will be somewhat a minor procedure.  I'm interested to hear from anyone who has had this, what is the recovery time and associated risks?

Thank you

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

So do you have subluxation of the first MTP?

Personally If it were me I’d avoid orthopaedic surgery at any cost.

• Posted

I don't believe so, the consultant didn't mention that. Although there is a slight gap and I am getting some pain.  The consultant feels that this surgery is necessary to prevent future pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.