Tikosyn

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone being treated with this drug as an alternative to Flecainide ? Thanks!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm curious, deire2016. did you have issues with Flecainide? I'll have to look up Tikosyn. are you being treated with it or just contemplating?

• Posted

Mike This is a new thread and dierdre said on the other thread about alternatives to flecanide the following .....

I am having a cardioconversion and then staying in hospital for administer of Tikosyn ( an alternative to Flecainide - which causes nasty side effects for me ) Tikosyn sounds pretty nasty too but seems to be only alternative .   Hope that helps.     

I did ask where in World deirdre might be not sure if used in UK?

• Posted

I was on Tikosyn for about 9 years, due to the cost and help from the Dr. I am

switching to Flecainide. My cost jumped to $585 plus. Tikosyn seemed to work ok

but no alcohol. Not sure why you would need to switch. I may have the same question about Flecainide. I am getting a lot of aches in my joints, hoping to get rid of the pain as the Tikosyn is flushed out. May not even be related. Any side effects that I need to know of for the Flecainide.? I've read about the side effects, but did not see anything new.

• Posted

I was on Flecainide for a few weeks with many side effects . Then , it stopped working. I am on Tikosyn now with few side effects and it has worked for 3 months .

Do you know about the drug company gives everyone so you can purchase Tikosyn at much reduced rate ?

Go online and get one if you are worried about cost- Best, Didi

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.