Tikosyn (dofetilide)

Posted , 3 users are following.

Today I visited my EP to discuss the results of my 30 day heart monitor. Because I had several episodes of tachycardia, he has recommend to start me on the anti arrhythmic agent Tikosyn (Dofetilide) which requires a 3 day hospital stay for cardiac monitoring.

While I am not looking forward to the hospital stay, if it helps stabilize my arrhythmia, I am willing to go forward with his recommendation.

However, since it is only a recommended option, I would like to hear from others who have gone the Tikosyn route and hear of their experiences.

FWIW, I have had one electric cardio version in January but have gone out of rhythm twice since, both events lasting 2-4 days during which my BP and HR were elevated. For whatever reason, the EP says I am not a candidate for ablation at this point in my aFib journey.

All responses are appreciated.

Regards,

Patrick

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

No nothing about that drug.. I had an ablation and so far my heart is in rhythm..miracle so far. I resisted for years. 
  • Posted

You need to ask him or her why the ablation is not an option. Jim 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.