Tildiem LA300 variant

Posted , 2 users are following.

Good Afternoon and Happy New Year to all.

Have a query about the medication i have taken for many years Tildiem LA300.

On starting my latest batch i noticed the batch i have are a different colour than usual.

It has consistently been ochre and white capsules and packet marked as LA300 , this latest batch says LP300 and are pinky and white in colour.I am assuming this may be part of the euro supply chain maybe changing but when i returned to ask dispensing chemist he didnt have a clue why this was and suggested they "should" be ok .Also called one of the big chemist chains and again they could not re assure me either.Can anyone be kind enough to confirm this is one in the same drug as it has never changed appearance during all the years it has been issued.

Thank you in advance.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Oh well , Just have to plod on and hope for the best.

• Edited

Its possible to have the same drug but the tablets look different, but i guess its added ingredients or ingredients taken away. If the drug is the same it should have the same effect, with a slight difference to a degree.

• Posted

Thanks Josh for taking the time to reply. It's the "should" aspect that is the issue with my question. I just thought the question I posed to two chemist's was rather straight forward and expected an answer along the lines of "yes" it's a EU variant. It's medication after all in essence to prevent any heart problems, that is where the "should" aspect leaves me wondering if health suddenly changes in relation to my condition, does that mean the "should" is now confirmed as "no, not the same"?

Not happy the dispensing chemist simply don't have a clue to what I would expect to be a very straight forward answer yes or no. Typical situation many people have been in before I suppose when we are left to "assume" not a problem and hopefully don't find out the hard way that "different" medication is not doing /done its job. Thanks again Josh for taking time out your day to reply. Very much appreciated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.