Tilted womb

Posted , 5 users are following.

anyone else have a titled womb with LS ? 

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lisa. Yes I had a tilted womb before my Hysterectomy. I have never linked the two before. Interesting to know if anyone else has this. I think many won't know as I was quite old before this was diagnosed. Xxx
    • Posted

Yes perhaps now I have posted on here we may find out that it could be connected.  I never knew until I had my first child but I always suffered with severe back pain during my periods etc.  Thanks for replying Chrisy X 
    • Posted

Yes I suffered terrible back pains and endometriosis which took me many years to get diagnosed. I only ever had one child despite not taking the pill from 20 years of age. Was desperate for many children too.  I had my first child at 35 years, natural conception but on advice of someone who had a tilted womb i lay on my back with my legs up the wall after to change the position of my womb to aid conception and it seemed to worked. Never did again though.  Then had to have a ceasarian as my cervix wouldn't open. The things we do and go through for our children biggrin.  Mind would do it all again. x
    • Posted

I am so sorry to hear that Chrissy.  You have been through so much and I really feel for you.  Us women do seem to get all the horrible bits don't we ? It's so lovely to chat to people on here.  They never found my LS until recently.  Been suffering since I was 10 and I am now 42.  
    • Posted

Hi Lisa, I was diagnosed late at 52 despite having in my early 20's.  It is good to hear from others who have suffered from this condition for many years and managed to survive all the trauma that ensues.  I find it helps me to concentrate on the good things. and to just deal with the problems as they arise and push them to the back of my mind until they need any further thought or actions. If I thought about the bad things at all times I think I would go mad.
    • Posted

yes I agree with you.  We can't let it beat us X 
  • Posted

Years ago I had a prolapsed uterus while breastfeeding my son. I was told after I quit breastfeeding it will go back into place. Thankfully, it seems to have. Are you breastfeeding?
    • Posted

Apparently in my case, it had to do with hormone levels.
    • Posted

No my children are in their teens now but I was recently diagnosed with LS and wondered if the two could be connected.  Hope your ok now 
  • Posted

Yes I had endometriosis for years
    • Posted

Did you have a tilted womb or could you have? Smears are usually difficult for women with tilted wombs. Conception van be difficult too.
    • Posted

Oh maybe the doctors got it wrong years ago as I have had two children and don't have any problems with smears .  I wonder why they told me that.  It was just after I had my first born X 
    • Posted

Hi Lisa, I didn't mean they were the only signs just curious if you had the same problems I and many others have. You could always ask the next time you have a smear. I sometimes think we are told this when there is a problem doing an exam of some description. Mine has been diagnosed aftercare difficult smear, then contradicted after a normal smear. then confirmed when I had my Hysterectomy. Who knows? X
    • Posted

Yes I shall ask them when I next have an internal.  Thank you x
  • Posted

Hi,

I also have a tilted womb, suffer terribly with period pains, and have never fallen pregant, now with LS as well what a lucky woman I am :-/

I wonder if there is a connection to it all?? xx

• Posted

You poor girl my heart goes out to you.  I think there could be a connection xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.