Time for bed, maybe

Posted , 3 users are following.

Another sleepless night, my legs are going crazy, and I have to be at work at 6am.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Rachael have you asked ur dr about restless leg syndrome. 

Sometimes that can be the cause of what you describe.

also I use magnesium spray on my legs helps a lot. 

Try not to take anrihistimines they can also cause leg pain at night.

also apply heat and make a paste from asprin and apply to legs with a cream. Also voltaren cream RX helps with muscles cramps of all types.

if you can get up and do,leg stretched they help the leg cramps pass quickly. 

i know that deep beating thrombosis is another cause and medication from the d can help.

please see your dr ASAP. 

I am concerned about what is causing leg cramps or restless leg syndrome for you. It could be serious or simply muscle cramps. 

• Posted

Thank you for your concern, my doctor has advised that she believes it is restless leg syndrome . I will have to try one of those remedies to see if it heats, so far my heating pad has been my best friend.
    • Posted

Restless leg it is... Did ur doc help with any melds for the pain. 

Sometimes antihistamines & or some vit lacking can also cause RLS. Have you have blood tests ck for vit D,B mineral levels ?

• Posted

Hi Rachel;  I have read the other reply, and agree with most of what is said; however, please don't be too alarmed re seeing doctor.....the only reason you should be concerned re ?a DVT is if you have a painful, swollen calf....(I think that is what "hope for cure" is saying).    For relief with my restless leg syndrome (and most Fibro sufferers complain of this problem, and the sleepless nights, too), I wear TED stockings to bed . These can be bought at any chemist (and some physios)....they  are the stockings that are given to all inpatients in hospitals....they increase the circulation of blood to our muscles.  I also supplement with taking extra Magnesium, via tablet form, and do also rub my muscles with a linament.  Also as I have had this condition for many years, I also find that half a valium (2.5mgms) of a night is very helpful. (this also helps with other muscle spasms/tension/tightness  too, which we all complain of)..however, you may find that your GP may not be too willing to prescribe this, but with a Rhuematologist's okaying same, may help??? I do hope that this helps.....

?Another issue re sleep problems that may arise, is Sleep Deprivation in itself.......I have  experimented with taking Melatonin Supplements (but need to be of a particular brand, as not all work as well): others have started drinking Cherry Juice, as this is high in Melatonin (I like to buy cherries, themselves, when in  the stores/shops).....research has found that Fibro Sufferers are lacking in Melatonin, (the ingredient/hormone  that takes us through the REM stage of sleep, which gives normal restorative sleep), hence why many wake up feeling Brain Fog......try some and see if this helps with your sleep....................wishing you well on your journey.....Bron

• Posted

Thank you, I have heard someone else say TED stockings help I may have to consider getting some my doctor has given meTrazodone to help me sleep , I take duloxetine 60 mg daily for about 6 weeks now but it doesn't seem to help much. I do see my doctor this coming Tuesday to discuss some different options.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.